Thursday, June 12, 2014

Get Over Here, Get Out of Here

Hello Family!!!

Man! Don't you just love life! How can you not with this good weather! It only rained once this week! It was super pleasant all week! This week we helped again at the Crosse house showing kids how to darn socks. This time another lady was doing it with us and we ended up being her example of what not to do :) I don't know, I think I am a pretty good darner of socks! Turns Charles Crosse is somehow related to Joseph Smith so we are helping out the lady who is his descendant by helping her find her ancestors! Super neat!
We met with Alex again and she still is super strong in her testimony and she still really wants to be baptized, but her mom wants her to make sure and keep exploring. She is still doing great, we just need a miracle to happen with her mom. It is all good though!
We visited Harriet twice this week. She is just so good to us! It gets better with each visit, we are becoming pretty solid friends with her! We get some good laughs there! She loves teasing us about whipping us into shape and our futures. We help her out a little bit around the house then she feeds us many desserts :) So there goes all my healthy eating! We also visited ShirleyAnn I love her! She found out I played piano and she pulls me downstairs to her piano and I couldn't remember a thing :) All well! I told her I will come prepared next time! We also visited cat lady Marie and had a really good lesson with her! She is having a super hard time and we have to be careful so she doesn't start asking us for stuff but I felt inspired to share 1 Nephi 19:9 with her
And the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him to be athing of naught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it;and they smite him, and he suffereth it. Yea, they spit upon him,and he suffereth it, because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men.

And she just started crying and she is going to invite her friend to come join us in the lessons! That was super neat. Christ went through everything for us individually and it is amazing when the spirit testifies of that, because it is true. He has such a beautiful and unwavering love for each or us.
Thursday we went and dug up a garden. That is right, I was being quite manly. We dug up a garden bed and moved the dirt to the front and dug up tree roots. I was super dirty, but oh boy it felt sooo good to work hard. I keep telling all these moms, when I get home I am going to be a much better daughter. I am going to help my mom and cook for her because wow it takes a lot of work! Mom you are the best! Dad, you are pretty cool yourself too :) Then we made delicious scotcharoos and oh boy. It is a good thing I have a skinny companion to keep me self conscious because there are still some in the pan, and there wouldn't be if I didn't feel so shameful every time I ate one :) Another thing companions are good for :)
Okay so Friday was good :) I got 3 funny stories, at least for me! We were eating at a members house and we finished eating and had to go. So me and Sister Packer start clearing our plates so we can take them to the kitchen when the 4 year old exclaims, "You can leave those there, you don't need to do that. That is what men are for!" As she looks over to her dad :) We all got a good laugh, him less than the rest of us :) While we were driving there I saw a beautiful red convertible camero and oh boy! It was gorgeous! I was freaking out when my companion said to me "Sister, I haven't even seen you get this excited over a guy!" I am a missionary, what can I say! It was good though, I have been drooling over cars lately. There is an odd number of nice cars out here, you hardly see junker teenage cars! Then after we went tracting when we knocked on this ladies door and we invited her to our chuch open house and she got super excited! She said she was looking for a church and was super excited! Her husband yelled from the room what bible do we read and we said King James and they were just thrilled, yelling praises to Jesus! People are super enthusiastic out here! Granted, they did not come to church BUT we were welcomed back so we are going to start teaching them this week.
Saturday we had our church open house which is crazy because we have been prepping for this since I got here and it is weird that it actually came! We had 12 non members come! At least 1 family and 1 woman are now going to take the discussions so wahoo! It was successful! There were sooooooo many cookies! I ate at least 10 and oh boy. I can't do that anymore, i am gettin old. Life is just good as a missionary!

I love being a missionary! It is amazing to see how Christ's atonement individually blesses each person. He ministered one by one and he still does. His relationship and love for us just blows my mind! He would have suffered what he did even if it was just one person who lived on this planet. He suffered for just you. And all he asks in return is to come unto him! If we truly love him, we will want to align ourselves unto him and the rest falls into place. I know our Savior lives and we will all live again because of him!
I love you all! Have a great week! You're awesome, keep it up! Have fun in the garden and enjoying time at home? If that is where you reside this week? Don't get too stressed out over work and stuff!
Lots and lots of love!
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment