Saturday, April 26, 2014

Final MTC Moments


Dear Family,

Alright this week was crazy and I have no idea where to start! First off, yes I got he package, and thank you! Second go for the dress. If it is a bright blue like my journal get that...or red, I can't decide. And dad that is going to be an awesome bishopric. At first I thought you meant in our home stake so I was freaked out and confused on how they would get those boundries :) I talked to Rebecca again today! Probably for the last time though since I leave so soon! We just did laundry and my clothes are just drying then we are packing and cleaning! It went by so fast! It felt like a super EFY almost. 

So they have a teaching resource center here that they call the TRC. Mormons, much like engineers, like acronyms :) Anyways we received a investigator from them name Kyung-min Kim. We just call her K-min for short thank goodness! She is from South Korea and she is not a member of the church and we had the most wonderful time teaching her! She has the most wonderful testimony and she doesn't even realize it. She feels very good about everything we are teaching her, she totally feels the spirit. She said today that since she started praying she does feel like God can be with her and that she feels special and loved! We invited her to be baptized but she talked about her husband and how she doesn't feel comfortable unless he is okay with the decision. So we challenged her over the weekend to pray and talk to her husband. We followed up and she did! It was hard saying goddbye to her because she told us how much she appreciated us and how much we touched her life! This is such a real and important work! Every person deserves to know they have a loving Heavenly Father! 

Saying good by to K-min
In front of the Provo temple


So Tuesday we had a devotional and we got to hear from Neil L. Anderson! That was pretty sweet. We sang in the choir. We earned from him how to better utilize the BOM. I believe I already wrote you about this so I am going to move on. Wednesday I had my first breakdown :) But it was all good. One of our great teachers pulled me out and I got to share all my concerns and everything then share my testimony with him. It helped a ton! I have never doubted me being here! This is the place for me. It is just such a responsibility! This calling means so much to me. I can't even express how amazing it is to be a missionary!

I have had so many spirit filled moments here I can't even keep them straight. When I got here I would just yell out "I'm a missionary!!" It was just so cool to me. Now when I say it, it is "I am a missionary." A declaration. I am a representative of Christ and I have his permission and authority to preach his gospel. Granted that is still so cool and exciting! As we follow the rules and be obedient, it is so much easier to try to become like Christ! I feel his love for his brothers and sisters! I feel God's love for his children! I just have to be the best missionary I can be so they can work through me. And I know they can and have already. I can't do any of this on my own. This is their work and they are just letting me try to help.

No for the good stuff!!! Haha! Easter Sunday! Oh! My! Goodness! Spiritual exhaustion afterwards! So I was in the choir again and none other than President Uchtdorf walks in!! The spirit just filled the room as we all stood! He was just super smiley! So the whole MTC gathered together and we partook of the sacrament together! With him! How cool! Then we sang for him! Then! He spoke! It was such a beautiful talk! He told the story of the Savior. He compared us to Peter. Before Christ was crucified he denied Christ because he feared man. And he wept! And when he heard the Savior was not in the tomb, he RAN to go see! He became a changed man! Because of the atonement of Christ and his Resurrection! He then became one of the greatest missionaries ever because he feared no man! That was his main message to us. He told us a story of an amazing missionary. He explained he was so amazing because he wok up every morning, looked in the mirror and said, "You fear no man!" He told us that is the type of missionary we need to be! Then he blessed us! As an apostle of God! He blessed us that if we followed Christ and if we kept his commandments, stayed obedient that we would have the spirit of the Lord with us. To lift us up and become a woman of God! That we need fear no man! Then when the meeting was over he came around and shook hands! And I just happened to be in the front row seat of the choir! He shook my hand! He looked me in the eyes and I looked back! And he spoke to me! The spirit was just so strong! Oh my! Then the sweetest thing happened! There is a senior missionary couple here and the man is blind. He went and found him, took him by the arm, said something to him to let him know who he was and took him in a sweet embrace! I just started crying! It was just such a Christ like thing to do! Wow! All day was amazing really. I wish I could tell you everything! We learned so much and my testimony of the savior grew exponentially! It is so special to be a missionary!

There are these crazy trees around here that have flowers that almost look like tulips
I drew an awesome  picture of the missionary, investigator, god relationship and then Elder Gibb drew Trogdor under him :) Haha! Every one thought we were weirdos because we were the only ones who knew who trogdor was! Baha!

Classic
My creeper map pictures :) For you Molly haha!

Ditto
The district.  Seems like someone feels like they've done this one too many times.


Don't get too tan out in that beautiful sun! I'm looking at you mom! Haha! I am pretty sure I won't even be nervous about flying because I have to wake up at 1:30! Oh my! So my SLC flight leaves at 6 and Denver at 9:55. I bought a calling card, but if you don't pick up it takes like a 100 minutes off. It is ridiculous! So be ready mother! Do you even want me to try calling you dad? I should be in Wisconsin at 1:30. And did YOU read the character of Christ? I know it is long but it is so worth it! Did you get my picture for the plaque printed off and good? Did you plug in the tablet to the wall? Try different plugs. It did that to me once and I just changed chords and it worked. I don't know though. I hope it works for you. If anyone asks how I am doing, I am doing absolutely fantastic! I love being a missionary! I am excited to talk to people and share this great message with them! Liam sounds adorable! I love him! By the way, the hand written letters and dear elders are awesome! If you want to help out a missionary, write them :) Really! We live off of that! I love you so much! Pictures to come!
I love you loads!

-Sister Trent aka Anne

p.s. I don't feel like I have a name anymore haha! Saying Anne just weirds me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment