Monday, April 14, 2014

Sunday, April 13

Dear Familia!


I cannot even tell you how nervous I was to open up my email today! I was dreading no emails! I wanted with all my heart to hear something from home and I had 9 emails! So I am pretty much grinning from ear to ear right now! I am glad you found my shrine... I was a little too busy to put it all together but I figured you would find it. Just so you know, at the bottom of that poster it said "Do you miss me yet?" on the bottom but it got cut off. What a blessing my car worked until I left! I laughed pretty hard when I read dad's letter about that! Also thanks for putting my room together! Sorry ;) haha! 

So the MTC has been WONDERFUL!! Oh my goodness! Literally! Holy goodness! My comp is Sister Goldwater and she is just fantastic! She is convert and has done basically everything imaginable. She is a poster child! So when we talk to our investigators she can open up that trust so easily so we can find out what the Lord needs to teach them. So at the MTC they have people who walk around with gold tags and we can contact them and get investigators! It is so neat! We have a lesson in an hour teaching an inactive member and his nonmember wife! Also all of our teachers have split personalities so they are also progressing investigators. The spirit is so strong in our lessons! We have an investigator named Jordan and we are getting so far with him! He is such a wonderful spirit! It is amazing being a missionary! I love it so much! You can feel the spirit so strong all the time! You feel Christ's love for everyone we meet! Me and my comp turn to each other after every lessons and just exclaim our love for them! We got really excited when we found out we are going to be here on Easter!! We might get an apostle! We are all crossing our fingers and praying for it! EverySunday night and Tuesday night we get some sort of devotional. So last night the BYU Men's Chorus came and sang for us! It was awesome! I think every missionary there appreciated it so much and needed it. It made us feel a little bit like we are still normal human beings! Haha! It's nice to feel that. Afterwards we got to watch a video of a talk Elder Bednar gave a couple years ago at the MTC. It was called "The Character of Christ" I encourage you to look it up. It has to be somewhere out there on the internets :) If you do find it, you could maybe print it off and send it to me? That would just be so nice of you :D (That's my cheesy begging smile btw) 

So we have been sleeping with the AC on and our window open every night since we got here because it has been hot in our room. In the middle of the night though a storm hit and we got woke up by a huge gust of wind and our window being slammed open! Me being me and me being my fathers daughter, I knew exactly what it was and just immediately jumped out of bed and shut it. I sleep on the top bunk though so I surprised my companion by my skills :) The next morning we had a pretty good laugh about that. So in our residence we have 6 beds, but it is just me and my comp in there which is really nice! We are hardly in there it just feels like one long day! I am still working on falling asleep. Last night was my first night solidly sleeping through the night, so that was good. We get to go the temples on Mondays, so that was a nice thing to do today. Except for once the lights turned out in the temple we did as well... It should be a rule to never turn out the lights on missionaries! Just don't do it!

I got my official MTC address it is

Sister Anne Trent
APR22 WI-MIL
2007 N 900 E Unit 29
Provo UT 84602

And just so you know we can get packages and mail every day... :) We got our travel plans already.  I am really excited! We only have a week left here! Our days our just super jam packed! It is rather crazy! We have to take breaks because our district just falls asleep. It is normal though. 

I am glad Dad is perfecting the ribs :) Too bad I'm not there to enjoy all that meat! Haha! It sounds like a fun time with the Quinns as well! If you want to send me those pics as well that would be great, I like a good cry! That is crazy about Sister Williams! I hope she is okay! And Kendra emailed me! That is so exciting! The Lord's work is real! He is with us!

Now I am going to work on sending pictures! Love you all!

Lots of love,
Anne!

p.s. I wanted to touch more on this. Being a missionary is amazing! We are given the authority to be representatives of Christ! We can feel him in the room when we teach! We can feel his love for his children! We are given the exact same calling that general authorities receive! How amazing is that! To become consecrated to the Lord, to bring others unto him and  to establish his church! I have the exact calling written in my scriptures but I will share it next week! In lessons we get so many promptings, we make promises that if they follow these things they will receive blessings. And we get promptings on which blessings they receive! It is so special! I love it here! Well now we have an appointment to get to with Nick then Laundry! I love you so much! Write me! Ask Lindsey how to do dear Elders!

No comments:

Post a Comment