Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Conference time is a good time

Oh boy! Such a long crazy week! I am just going to go off my journal because I can't put it all together.
Tuesday. So we have passed this guy out smoking on his porch like 3 times and we both felt like we should talk to him. We did and it was awesome! We taught him about the Book of Mormon and set up a return appointment! We also had a lesson with an investigator we haven't seen in 2 months! That was cool! 
Wednesday, it was cold! Summer is gone! We went to mutual with the youth and they couldn't play mafia because that is appropriate. So they changed the characters and called it gadianton robbers. It was a pretty sick idea. Probably too many people but I kept the paper because I am so playing it again. We also visited Sister Pink. She is just a doll! I love her so! I am going to miss her. But she writes me every week so it is all good. We also taught Marie who we do service for. We taught her the restoration and she was super receptive. We invited her to baptism and she politely said she isn't ready yet. You never know until you ask. But I think Sister Weaver would agree in saying it is probably the best lesson we have taught together. Boy you can feel the spirit when you talk about the first vision out in nature and hear the birds singing and the leaves rustling in the breeze. Wow! 
Thursday. I made food! I made enchiladas and we went to Sally's and ate them! It was fun, she has been so sweet to me. We also went to see a referral from a couple months ago and she was so nice to us. She used to be a member so she likes the missionaries, just not our message. We ate dinner at the Sellars and it was so good and we had hot chocolate and no bake cookies. It made my tummy happy! It was the perfect fall dinner. I sure have appreciated the long skirts you sent me this week. They are just perfect for the cold wind.

Friday we did something cool. We helped an older lady in our ward with family history. She is a convert so we got the names of her parents and siblings all ready to go to the temple so she can be sealed to her family! How neat is that! We went and helped Sally's friend Marge clean her windows. She had a fancy window washing pole thing, it was lots of fun. I might consider doing that for a living. 

Saturday. We went to the Schroeders for General Conference. They are the funniest couple. They are like to children in love. Wow. Playing airplane and everything. Awkwardly greeting us at the door. I hope I am that cool when I get married. We got the transfer text while at their house. It came an hour late, I was just slightly dying. Conference was SO GOOD! It is so neat that the speakers got to speak in their native tongue! So monumental! Wow! All the talks were just so good! I loved Elder Uchtdorf's on light. For the afternoon session we went to the church. That night we had like 35 minutes to tract. We had a plan to go tract on a certain road. We went and stopped where a lot of lights were on and there were cars. We stopped where 5 houses looked like there was life inside. Out of that 5 we taught 4 doorstep lessons, 3 took a Book of Mormon and 2 set up return appointments with us and we got a Spanish referral for Madison. It was a HUGE miracle! We finally met our weekly goal with lessons taught and BOMs handed out. So cool! 

Sunday. We went to Harriet's and Jim had made us breakfast and they had bought us pumpkins to carve. I feel like their adopted child. She is my mission mom, she has just taken care of me. It was cool because we got to watch conference with her and Jim was Ok with it. She had a lot of questions which was good. We went and helped the Stolls set up general conference on their ipad. They have only watched part of a session because she was sick so they didn't get around to it :/ But I taught him how to catch up. Then we went to the church to watch the last session and a ward member ended up having us over to watch it in their home. It was so nice. Last conference I was leaving in 3 days to come here. This one I am leaving in 3 days again to go some place new! I better be careful of my subconscious will associate general conference with leaving places. It kind of made this weekend seem slightly surreal. Then we went to the Miller to pick up my dress that she fixed (I may have ripped a dress :) And they ended up feeding us. It was nice to see them one last time. Then we went to our ward mission leaders house for desert and a farewell. 

I am going to Janesville which is actually Lacey's last area. I am replacing her! How cool is that! Janesville is doing really well and I am super excited. And the best part is I will be close enough to Chicago to go to the temple! Hopefully my companion hasn't gone yet! Wahoo! I am so excited, we will see how that works out. I miss the temple a lot! It is going to be hard to say goodbye to Sun Prairie! I love the people here! I haven't cried yet though. It is probably good that we didn't have church on Sunday. It will be especially hard to say goodbye to Harriet. Well my time is running short. I love you all so much! I hope you enjoyed conference as much as I did! 

Love you more than the falling leaves!
Anne

1 comment:

  1. I'm so grateful for all the wonderful, caring, watchful people that look out for the missionaries. They're always where God needs them to be to help out His servants.

    ReplyDelete