Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling

This week has been CRAZY! It feels so good! My wonderful sister Lindsey sent me jump ropes this week! Oh boy! With a really hard (shouldn't be) routine. We did it everyday for 3 days. We were walking like pirated with peg legs. Both of our right calves just killed! We were just hobbling down the street pathetically. Then lo and behold, first day of autumn hits and BAM! Allergies. It was ridiculous! Nothing worked and I was just a sad looking/sounding wreck. Then of course all the snot build-up basically makes me sick. I was sneezing all night and cuddling with a roll of toilet paper surrounded by tissues strewn about. I know, it's a gruesome scene. The members took good care of me giving me many meds and remedies. It is a good thing you sent emergen-c. I was loaded up on that stuff just trying so hard to get better. So I really was a wreck for a few days. Hobbling and sniffing about :) But it is okay, I got through it fast. It was slow in the moment but looking back, I was fine.
Now for the good stuff, Tuesday we had our quarterly interviews with President Cutler. It was awesome! I asked him for a priesthood blessing at the end and oh boy! Wow! Just wonderful and perfect. I know the Lord definitely watches out for each of us and is mindful of everything. We had a lesson with a guy who had slipped Sister Weaver his phone number. We had it at the church and brought Sister Schroeder. It actually turned out really well. He actually seemed interested with learning more and not just flirting with Sister Weaver. Then we ate  with the Schroeders the next day. Oh boy! They are so funny! The Elders always say they feel awkward going there but I don't know why. It's probably because they don't get sarcasm and dry humor as Sister Weaver and I do! We had a member get us some chocolate cheese this week! That was awesome. that is what the picture is of. Thank you Wisconsin.

I am running out of time so I am going to have to cut some stuff out. Saturday was another running around day.Going going. We had a really good lesson with the Stolls because we were really bold with them. We figured out that they aren't actually asking to know if the church is true. So we promised them if they write down 3 questions, take them to the Lord and watch conference (all with sincerity) that they will receive an answer. Brother Stoll came to church on Sunday, partly because it was the primary program and who can miss that? It was so good! I love our ward, they are so neat. 

Saturday we watched the women's broadcast. Sally came to the potluck before hand, she wouldn't stay for the whole thing though. I went with a couple questions because I thought I better try out what I promised the Stolls would work. I went, had my 3 questions. I watched it, waiting. I thought it was over after all the women spoke and I was upset because not one of them had been answered. Then President Uchtdorf spoke and all were answered in like a minute! It was awesome! It totally works, I highly suggest it!

But this week we were really bold and were the missionaries we should be. We were talking to everyone, making those awkward street crossings to talk to people. Bearing testimony by the spirit. I love being a missionary and talking to people. I know we haven't had any baptisms in this area yet but I know we are being successful. We are doing what we need to be doing and it just feels good. The best feeling as a missionary is laying down in bed, exhausted, knowing you worked hard and you did all you could do. I hope you are all doing well! I love you guys so much and I am thrilled with the missionaries you guys are being! Thank you so much! 
ro
I love you more than food in our fridge!

Anne

1 comment:

  1. I love just the feeling of realizing you've been prompted to do the 'awkward street crossing' maneuver and then you do it. The Lord tries to help us out all the time. Sometimes we find it feels a little awkward, but it always feels good to listen to the Lord.

    ReplyDelete