Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Changing Times, Changing Leaves

Man! Weeks are fast but so long! We had exchanges this week and Sister Johnson came here to work with me. It was super fun! She is an amazing teacher! Just great! She pushed me out of my comfort zone and I realized I need to be more bold. I think I am getting to comfortable with this area. It feels like home. That's is going to kick me in the rear soon! We got to visit with a lot of less actives this week which I didn't even realize until we reported on Sunday.  We were a lot more successful than we thought! 

We go help Sally a lot and at first she was really apprehensive about church stuff. Now she is reading the Book of Mormon. She gave us her friend to go visit, Marge. She made it sound so delicate and scary for us to see her. She didn't want us to use her name when we went to her and she was nervous, therefore we were nervous. Our hearts were just pounding knocking on Marge's door. She was an angel! Holy cow! It was such a relief! We offered our service to her and she gladly took it and we are going back this week!

We had a family move in our ward several weeks ago. The mom was so excited they had sister missionaries! So she invited us over for dinner this Sunday. It was so fun! The kids are such good missionaries. Maggie gave a friend a BOM and now she is taking the discussions and going to church! (in Madison) The kids played guitar for us and sang together in harmonies. So fun! This morning her mom called us, I am pretty sure she was crying, just thanking us for taking the time to come over and how much it meant to her that her kids got that interaction and that they were able to be happy with the move. It was certainly humbling to hear that. I hope I can be that missionary kids can look up to. If I can just make a good impact, wow, that would be great!

I had my first mission migraine. Not fun! It happened in the middle of a lesson with the Stolls and I just could not read. I couldn't see. I leaned over to S. Weaver and told her and she did a great job just taking over and me just sitting there. I couldn't even think. I got to take a 20 minute nap which made it bearable but wow! I need to keep some Excedrin on me!

Funny story! So the Elders gave a BOM to a guy working out at a park about 2 months ago. It totally did not work out. Last week when we were emailing we happened to sit by him. He leaned over and asked me if we were from the church. I said yes and he was welcome to come, gave him our card. He said some Elders had invited him and he didn't know why he didn't go. After we told the Elders and they figured out who it was and told us his story and how he had thrown the BOM away. We went to the library again and he was here. He came up and slipped Sister Weaver his phone number! It was so funny! We didn't really know what to do. It was probably him flirting but what if he wanted to know more. So we called and set up an apointment at the church. We invited the Schroeders who are awesome. She can blaze a hole right to your soul and he is a 6'6 marine :) Our perfect back up!

But yeah, great week! I love the work and am happy! I ate salmon this week! It wasn't too bad, but I definitely won't be buying any for myself. I love you all a ton! We get to see our mission president this week for interviews so it should be good! Love you all!

Love you more than all the changing leaves on the trees!
Anne!

No comments:

Post a Comment