Sunday, September 21, 2014

It's always darkest before the dawn

It is always so hard to recall the week. Pday to pday is so short but the week is an eternity! It got cold this week. Crazy! One day it was 84 and the next 42. Chilly! Broke out the tights, cardigans and jackets! Thankful it is supposed to warm up a little bit at the end of the week. Not winter yet. But winter is supposed to hit harder this year than last. Apparently bad winters come in pairs. 


We took Sally on a church tour this week. We went in the chapel and I played some songs for her, she felt the spirit and everything. We invited her to church and she just said no. She is so sweet though, I think something traumatizing happened and she has an aversion towards churches. She did feed us a lot of food though. We ate lunch at home when she called us and told us she just bought us a pizza. So of course we go over there and eat the pizza. Then we have dinner. Then we go to mutual where we got fed more. All in all, I became a beached whale. 

I am sorry to say I don't really have the best news to report concerning our investigators. We got hardcore, abruptly dropped by Gina. Patti also cancelled coming to church and our appointment and won't reschedule. She wants a break. Granted I am not giving up hope, especially for her. She has been amazing and kept all commitments up to this point. I know the Lord will strengthen her, she is going through some hard times. We also found out another investigator was meeting with us so she could get money from the church.. no bueno. And no new investigators. But the work still goes on. The members are working hard to help us teach and find people for us to teach. It is always darkest before the sun rises. It is funny though, me and Sister Weaver were talking about this. On paper we really did have a bad teaching week, if we are being honest. However, I feel like we have changed enough that it will not drag us down! We still have good attitudes and smiles! We know that God will bring to pass miracles! He is shaping and molding us, I wouldn't rather have anyone else mold me! I love this work and I love being a missionary! I love our ward, it really is a family. I love my companion, she is such an amazing example of courage  and pressing on! I started the Book of Mormon over again. I am doing a faster pace read this time where I have to read ten pages a day, so usually I have to read during meals and at night. I love it! I decided to study faith this time.It is interesting because it revolves so much around action words, and those action words revolve around keeping the commandments. Doing what the Lord would have us do. Like Nephi says  "I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." The Lord will provide a way. Nephi didn't build a ship in a day.

Beside people are just so nice to us. We do get tender mercies all the time. We went to Harriet's yesterday and Jim printed out photos of us cooking together and gave us German chocolate. Then Harriet gave me some really nice flats that she had only worn once! Just a happy week. One lady opened the door BECAUSE we had name tags. It was so strange. She already had a Book of Mormon, but doesn't need us to come back because she has connections in Madison but she did ask for us to pray with her and was super nice. That was a huge tender mercy after tracting for an hour in the cold with not much success. But yeah, good week! 

I love you more than I love technology!

Anne!

No comments:

Post a Comment