Sunday, September 21, 2014

More Than All the Corn

Guess who finished the Book of Mormon today! I did! And I LOVED it! I really read a lot this week! I had over 80 pages left on pday last. I don't know why I felt such a desire to finish it so fast. But now I can say it took me 4 and a half months which is sweet. I don't think I have ever sat down and read the Book of Mormon like that. And I am so excited to read it again! It is the best part about finishing, you get to start over! 
So let's see, what happened this week. Tuesday night we taught Patti with the Edgars and it was great! She agreed to take all the missionary lessons so we are teaching her tonight in the Edgar's home. It is lot of pressure teaching member's friends but it is the best because you get to see more people enjoying the joy of the gospel and sharing it. We didn't get home until later then we would have liked to though. This week was bad with getting home on time. Something always came up last minute. We are definitely going to do better about that. We need as much help as we can from the Lord.

Wednesday was Sister Weaver's birthday! I love birthdays while having companions because I get to enjoy it just as much! She woke up and I had decorated with balloons and a happy birthday sign. Then I made pancakes and eggs. Then pancakes turned out great even though I had never made them before, so wahoo! We may have eaten a donut too for breakfast. Sadly though Sister Weaver got sick on her birthday though. But it was good because she had to take a nap which is one of the best gifts you can get as a missionary. Therefore I got one too because we have to stick together! I just realized that is why I finished the Book of Mormon so fast! She had to rest a lot. Thankfully I haven't gotten sick yet... I am trying really hard not too. 

Thursday was a great day besides weekly planning and staying in sick most of the day. Sally made us lunch and she is just very adamant in making sure our mothers know we are getting taken care of! And oh boy are we! It is so humbling. Then we went to dinner at a member's house and their little girl had been excited about us coming all day. She made up a dance for us but her mom told her she couldn't because the music she picked was music we couldn't listen to. So she ran up stairs and came down all dressed up in her leotard and she had changed the music to a primary song so we could listen! It was so cute! It almost made me cry! Boy, am I going to be a blubbering mother when I grow up! 

We helped Harriet this week bake food for her husband's uncle's funeral and we finally are getting some spiritual progress out of her! Her husband, Jim who is a nonmember, also is really liking us being in their house. He doesn't do the spiritual thing, yet, but he is super friendly to us! I just love Harriet. I had a dream where a came to their house after my mission with a bag slung over my shoulder with all my stuff and I moved in. I told them my dream and they got a kick out of it. They said they would totally let me move in though! It was funny!  

Saturday we brought Megan, a "wayward" youth, to our lesson with the Stolls and she just loved it! The Stolls loved her too! We had a lot of cancelled appointments that day though so we, especially I, were kind of frustrated. So of course if appointments go through you go tracting which is not the best thing when you've had rejection thrown at you all day. BUT we taught four doorstep lessons and gave away 3 BOMs so it turned out awesome! 
Sunday was ward conference and they talked a lot about missionary work, which of course we love. Our bishop is very passionate about member missionary work. He feels a great responsibility to have 3 sets of missionaries in the ward. He asked each person to give us one person to teach. We have a great ward! Being a missionary is awesome! I love it! Again, our ward just takes care of us so well! Our investigators too. 

I hope my lovely fam has a fantastic week this week! I love y'all so much! I am glad you got home from your trip safely! I am glad you enjoyed your game dad after a long week of work! Yes we do have BYU fans out here. They are all pretty big cheesheads though. Occasionally you will find a Chicago fan too. It is a pretty big rivalry. And I loved your story mom, even if you think it is lame :)

I love you more than all the corn here! There is a lot!

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment