Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Then We Must Go Pro!

Dear Family!

It was a good week! A long good week! Weeks are always long what am I talking about. So during stake conference this week Sister Cutler came up to me and we made plans to surprise Sister Homan. One of her converts wanted to come and take her out to lunch on Tuesday. So I totally tricked her (which is really hard as a missionary by the way because we are ALWAYS together, but I am really tricky). We were waiting at the library to meet someone when her convert Coralyn came in and she totally freaked out, it was pretty great. Afterwards we went to a lesson at Kevin's (the deaf less active). So we are starting to teach an ASL class this Sunday the 16th and Kevin is super excited to be able to get friends. Poor guy, he is so lonely. I don't know why but Sister Homan did not interpret most of what he said this time even though we had a member there who couldn't sign, but I still understood a lot! Then at the end he pointed at me to say the prayer and I said my first prayer in ASL! That was crazy! Sister Homan said I only really messed up once saying sorry instead of please, but Kevin got it. 

So we have a member in the ward who we went and visited. He used to be a ghost hunter. He is a super cool guy but man he tells us stories and it freaks us out! I don't know how I feel about some stories. He has a ghost in his house that bangs, and I have heard it and it's freaky but I don't know. So that hasn't really been helping me sleep at night because every time I hear something now I am scared it is a ghost, but I don't even know I believe in that! It's a funny conundrum. 

We went on companion exchanges and Sister Brewster came here. We went and visited a Hmong family 8:30 at night, and we had no idea they were going to feed us but they did! Oh boy did they. The make this noodle soup called fuh and we each got a giant serving bowl of it! Like 15 inch diameter bowl. HUGE! The kids just slurped it up like it was no big deal. Holy cow, it was so much food. I couldn't finish. I told them next time I would be prepped to do so. When we were going to bed I was putting my ointment on my hands and Sister Brewster just started freaking out. She asked all these questions if i had *insert some scientific name* All I know is I have a bad rash that will never go away. Apparently she has that too, it's a little different but she was super excited to have that bond with me. It was kind of funny. 

We had Zone Conference this week! Wahoo! That was fun because guess what! It was in Sun Prairie! It felt like home! I loved it! Some of the relief society sisters made the lunch so I got to see some people.I got to see Sister Davis! She is just wonderful. She is the one in the sadly blurry picture, but I love her so much I had to send it anyways! It was just the most delightful zone conference lunch I have ever had as well! So good! Sun Prairie knows how to cook! But we also got to see Sister Elkington too which was sweet. We have been able to see each other my whole mission! We are in different zones right now but it was a Madison combined zone conference. So this might be the last time in a while. 7 months though! That is pretty impressive! There was a training we had from the family history coordinators and he brought a death mask of Joseph Smith and Hyrum. That was pretty cool. We also had a training based off of one of Brother Fullmers techniques. he made a video of it and put it on YouTube. It is called "What is the Book of Mormon?" So we have used that technique a couple times in lessons. It is cool because it helps people understand how the Book of Mormon and Bible work together and that we are totally Christians and why we are called "Mormons" 

Friday we went and saw our investigator Miranda. She is the one who came to the Halloween party. She was on her kindle the whole time not paying attention. But her friend was there and he at first was starting to accuse us of not being Christians and that he wouldn't read anything but the Bible. So we then whipped out our maps and taught where the Book of Mormon came from (see reference to above video) and he just ate it up. He kept turning to Miranda saying "You really should listen to this!" So now he is really excited to come to church. He was telling us he has 15 minutes to read at school and can't play video games at home so he will definitely read. That was pretty cool!

At Zone Conference they played a video of part of Elder Uchtdorf's talk that he gave while I was at the MTC! That was cool! Apparently he adapted it and used it in the new mission president devotional this year. So we talked a lot about "Fear no Man" So of course we go tracting afterwards and kept that in mind. I don't know how we found this street but everyone on this street was old and mean, it was perfect! Let me tell you dad, I now feel your pain on 6/21. More so with daylight savings. It's pitch black by 5, which is just not cool. I don't even want to know what it will be like by winter solstice. That doesn't make for happy people either. So hopefully we get more member help as winter is starting! 

Saturday we had Super Saturday and there was so much fruit there! It was wonderful! I ate a ton, because it is not often we get fresh fruit. I think I hurt my mouth with all the pineapple. But it was so worth it! We spent some time getting people pumped up for our ASL class. I think there will be a pretty good turn out. We are trying to start fast because transfers are next week :/ So we will see if Sister Homan gets transferred. Or me but the likelihoods of that are very low. But her she goes home in 3 transfers so it will be interesting to see what they do with her. I feel like that snuck up fast! And Thanksgiving is in 17 days! Weird! Christmas is in 45! Weirder! I hit my 7 month mark! Weird. So much weirdness but it's in my bones :) 

How is your Book of Mormon study going mom? I am super excited to be in Alma. I was in Alma when we started so starting over wasn't all that I wanted to do but I got back fast! I will have to send you something awesome that will help with the war chapters. I am sorry to hear grandpa isn't doing the best. Go say hi and give him a hug for me! I am glad you didn't blow up dad. Good thing I prayed extra hard for you ;) I forgot Thanksgiving was at our house this year. Dang it. I will totally not be expecting some serious writing Sister Trent time and coloring pictures for her time. I mean who would do that at a family event where she is missing? 
Well I love you all a ton! I hope your week is superb! 

Love you more than the amount of Canada that seeps into Wisconsin!
Anne!

No comments:

Post a Comment