Friday, November 21, 2014

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Dear Family,

It has officially snowed here in Wisconsin! Whoot whoot! And it is sticking! I love it! So pretty! Really funny story though. Sister Homan is the designated driver and she is from California. She was here for last winter but has never driven in the snow. We were leaving an appointment 5 minutes late and we were supposed to be at a meeting. It is like a 7 minute drive to the house we are going so we text and say we are going to be 10 minutes late. There is probably 1 cm of snow on the ground at this point. It has been a solid 10 minutes on the road and Sister Homan had not gone above 12 mph and we weren't even half way there. She may have been slightly freaking out then she had me call the mission office and tell them she doesn't want to drive, so I did and they made me the driver and she immediately pulled over and made me drive. It was pretty funny! I was happy because I love driving and haven't done it in 7.5 months! Granted it is not going to last long. 

So we went over to the Tuckers house for dinner this week again, they are the ones with the ghost. The husband wasn't home this time so it was super creepy. When we were eating my back was turned to the stairwell where they had seen the ghost and half way through dinner everyone at the dinner table jumps and are all looking down the stairwell and said they saw something down there. Of course the rest of the night I am super jumpy. We were teaching our lesson and I kept just blanking everytime we heard a noise. It was pretty funny, I just couldn't handle myself. Then we came home to the wind howling and I just had a lovely remembrance of all my childhood fears :)
We had our last district meeting of the transfer which is always sad. It was fun though. Elder Robinson did ballet and he wants to be a professional dancer, I have heard he is really good. But he does the best awkward old man dance. Everyone turns their cameras on to video and the elders have an awkward random dance party, with no music. I have a pretty funny video of it for some future time. 

Thursday we went and taught Kevin with the spanish elders. Oh man, it was so funny. I think Kevin really enjoyed all the company, it helps that the Elders are just downright hilarious Kevin gave all of us name signs though! I have an official ASL name sign! How cool is that? Mine is a "T" sign brushing the chin. It is the sign for cute, but with a T :) I am pretty pumped. Sister Homan was ecstatic she has only been waiting for one for 3 years. You can only be given a deaf name by someone who is deaf. 

Saturday was pretty cool, the Elders had a baptism. Her name is Katie. So we did a lot with her because you need sisters helping a woman getting ready for baptism. She had to get baptized 3 times. It was bad the last time though because the witnesses passed it the 2nd time so she was already changed when we had to go tell her it had to be done again... But she still had a good time! She likes us sisters because she is feeding us this week. We wrote down her confirmation blessing and I am going to make it all nice and give it to her at dinner. We pray she will stay strong! But during the baptism we got our transfer texts, worst thing ever! Sister Homan AND half our district is leaving. They literally chopped every companionship in half! We were all pretty upset. Especially Sister Homan. She is going back to her first area which she is pumped about. I am getting a Sister Plante- I am not sure if that is her full name but the transfer board cuts her name off as. So I am just calling her Sister Plant for now, I am almost sure I am pronouncing it wrong. 

We found a ton of Christmas stuff in our closet this morning. Sister Homan was super against having Christmas before Thanksgiving but I think she has been enjoying the Christmas music I have been playing. We have a Christmas tree decorated and a giant blow up santa! I put them right next to my desk :) I love Christmas! Wahoo! 
Basically I love you all! I hope you have safe travels and great Thanksgiving preparations! Stay warm!

Love you more than I love driving!
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment