Saturday, December 6, 2014

Oh the Weather Outside's Delightful

Dear Family!

It is just a wonderful day! It has been raining for 2 days straight and during companion study I said, "Could you imagine how awesome this would be if the rain was snow?!" Two minutes later BAM! Snow! And it is just dumping! It was pretty exciting! It has been such an exhausting week and I haven't written in my journal so I have no reference as to what has happened! (I usually write every night mom, this is the first I have missed) But oh boy! I will do my best to go off memory!

Monday and Tuesday was just crazy getting Sister Homan packed up and get all her goodbyes in. Just lots of visits.

Wednesday was crazy day! Transfer day! We drove ( I drove because I can do that now :) ) to Madison early and she left and all us missionaries waited all day for our new companions. My new companion is Sister Plante. It's french though so it's not plant but kind of like how the mom say french in Better Off Dead. French bread, french dressing and so on. She is a ginger! She is an only child from Orem, Utah. My first Utah companion! She is super sweet. It is actually her 21st birthday today! She made german pancakes this morning! That reminded me off home. We didn't have whipped cream though so I may or may not have just put icing on it. Either way it was delicious. Anyways back to Wednesday, we went and ate dinner with Katie, the woman who got baptized last Saturday. Her husband is a member but like 5 other people live in their house that I just can't figure out the relations. But we had some pretty crazy and good gospel discussions and questions with everyone in the house. If we made a mess hopefully the Elders can fix it :) Our district got cut in half so we have 3 new missionaries in our ward. One of them is being trained here. 

So our mission is implementing this crazy new approach. It is a bold new way to get in doors. We ask if they would be so kind to help us with a survey we are taking. Then we say "May we come in" whilst walking forward assuming they will. Then once you are in the door you point to the living room and ask "Straight through?" Then you sit down, make sure they sit down. You then take the survey and ask to share a message that would answer some of those questions. Holy cow it's bold. We have done only 3 so far and got in 1 door. Afterwards I am pretty sure I weirded myself out, I can't even imagine how they felt. But we have been promised by our inspired leaders that we will get progressing investigators if we keep doing it. So we are doing it. We made a list of less actives we have no information about and we try to visit them then go survey their neighbors. So we should be busy for a while. 

We have a lot of people with promise but now everyone has the flu, so not a ton of progress with our current people. Saturday we went to Bishop's Breakfast. This is a huge deal for the missionaries because they invite all the missionaries and all the recent converts and anyone else their heart desires and we feast on so many breakfast foods! It's delicious! We had freezing rain that morning though, so it almost got cancelled because bishop lives 30 minutes away. But we made it anyways! Also I am officially the designated driver! I never thought this day would come! Because typically I am the youngest and the choose based off of experience. Well when Sister Plante filled out the form for driving on her mission it asks how many miles you probably have driven. Her mom told her to put a big number so she thought 100 was a big number :) So I get to! Which is great, I just love to drive! Granted two Elders in our district did the exact same thing with writing down 100 and they can't drive. Silly missionaries. Even with the freezing rain we survived! It was delicious!

Sunday was awesome. We walked into gospel principles and it was full of less actives! Most of them just showed up out of the blue! There were 7! It was CRAZY! Awesome though! Sunday bishop invited us and all the misionaries over for dinner again and everyone shared how their families came into the gospel, it was neat. Then we went and taught our ASL class. Oh boy it is going to be interesting continuing that! It will be fun! I will be pro by the time I leave janesville! Sometimes I say my personal prayers in sign, it works pretty well. 

So now it is my turn to share the talks from sacrament meeting. It was based off of Craig C. Christensen's talk this conference. There were two really good lines from the talk though. He said his mission president would tell them all the time, when you feel the spirit you must act or change what the spirit is telling you, otherwise it is just a good feeling that will eventually fade away. He also said "Faith is more of a choice than a gift" It is so true. The only way we can get true faith is by acting. The only way to gain a testimony of the gospel is to live the principles of it. He talked about no matter what, the world can never proof religion wrong or proof it right. That is the brilliance of our Heavenly Father's gospel. It is a choice! I thought that was great! 

I hope you all have a fantabulastic Thanksgiving! I hope it is a white one too! Have fun, take pictures and write me! Everyone can go gather around my shrine when you miss me! It'll be great! I love you soo much!!!!!

I love you more than I am jealous that both my parents now have iPhones... :)
Anne!

No comments:

Post a Comment