Saturday, December 6, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Dear Family,

It sounds like you all had a crazy holiday! I liked your noise video mom. It is actually pretty funny, when we go to dinner appointments with families and they are embarrassed by their kids being crazy and loud I say oh no! I love it! It feels like home! So I love going to crazy families homes! Not that you guys are crazy or anything... ;)
Monday was Sister Plante's 21 birthday! That was fun. We went to the mall and I got a cute warm scarf. We also found nerd heaven. If I was rich I would buy everything. It is full random stuff of superheros, doctor who, and anything else that has fans. It is a really fun store, a dangerous one too. We went to the Lebecks and had pizza and cake. I hope she had fun!

Tuesday we went and taught Kevin. That was crazy. We were still able to communicate and teach him! I just couldn't think in english for the rest of the day I was just in sign mode. We saw a lot of great members too. It was a good day. My companion came up with the craziest Thanksgiving message which probably shouldn't have seen the light of day but it did. We made a paper turkey and compared the turkey to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The turkey really trusts his farmer (faith) so he goes to his farmer and gets all his "bad feathers" plucked out (repentance). Then he gets washed and cleaned by the farmer (baptism). Then he gets thrown in the oven (baptism by fire aka the Holy Ghost) and then he gets carved into what the farmer knew was his divine potential (enduring to the end). We were careful who we shared it with, the family we did just loved it. It was really funny. The 2 year old at the end said "No, we can't eat Thomas!" It was super cute. Then his parents were telling us on Thanksgiving he kept asking for more Thomas. Scarring children all over the Midwest! They got a kick out of it and helped us improve it. 

I can't remember everything so we will just go to Thanksgiving. We went to the Lebecks in the morning and just hung out with them and talked. After we went to the Bishop's house for a giant Thanksgiving feast. That was super fun being with their family. After lunch everyone went downstairs to play rockband and I thought of how similar our Thanksgivings were! They even had the one anti-social guy go into a room by himself to watch the game ;) Then we went to the Holloways for dinner (which was only an hour after I stopped eating during the last feast). The had all the missionaries over and another family plus their 7 kids. So it was a feast of 20 and it was rather comical. They had lots of fun foods and fancy foods. They had spicy jalapeno yams. They were great, you'd like them! Me and Sister Plante just loved them and all the Elders were scared to eat them. Eventually their pride got to them and they tried it but couldn't handle it. Not that I am prideful or anything. It was a fun Thanksgiving, it helped that we didn't have to knock doors. Knocking on holidays is no fun for anyone. After we ate I I am surprised I fit it all in! It was a big eating day!

Friday and Saturday we had exchanges. One of the Sister Training Leaders, Sister Ostler, came here. We had lots of fun together. We had a very successful day! We finally got more lessons in for the week. We were just able to find and talk to a lot of people. One of our investigators Tom had a miracle! We went to his house and he said he went the doctor this week and they were checking his lungs because he had COPD. They came back and were in shock because it was completely gone. He is fine now and healthy. He gave credit where credit is due, God, and thinks him meeting with us and him reading and praying helped in the process. So he is going to keep doing that! It was cool.

We also met a woman named Krista. The sisters had been to her house many times but she doesn't let them in because something is always going on. So we felt prompted to go over there this week. She opened the door and said she had been thinking about us and she really wanted to come to church! Heck yes! So we got her a ride to church yesterday and she came! And she loved it! It was a perfect sacrament meeting. It was all about the blessings of daily scripture study. Inspired! There was one talk where she read the Book of Mormon is 7 weeks because she just loved it so much and saw the blessings. After Krista said maybe she'd read it in 7 weeks! In Sunday school afterwards she just kept thanking us a lot about how even though she never let us in, we  kept coming back religiously to share the word with her (got a chuckle out of the class, yes, we hallways come back.) It was cute. And she wants to come again, it is going to be a great week.

Sister Plante and I are getting along great! We have officially made a Christmas corner. We found two chairs in the spare room and put them by our Christmas stuff. And we grab our blankets, turn on the heater and sit in our chairs watching Christmas Mo-tab. It is quite enjoyable. It is a little feeling of home. It is also where I now spend all my spare time :) Oh and Friday was like the best day ever! I got an awesome Thanksgiving package! It was so good, I love getting those thigns, never too many! Then I got 3 letter from friends who hadn't written me yet on my mission! What! Crazy stuff!


Well I am glad you all had a happy Thanksgiving! It looked fun! I love you all a ton! I hope i didn't make you cry too much mom in my video! ;)

Love you more then all the calories I put into this body of mine!
Anne!

No comments:

Post a Comment