Monday, December 15, 2014

We decorate trees like the Jaredites build boats!

Dear Family!

It has been a good week! I don't know if I have mentioned our whole new survey approach, I am sure I have. But we did it quite a bit this week. We found 2 really awesome people doing it. On Tuesday when we did it we got let into quite a few homes which was nice because we didn't have to be cold! However, none went anywhere except for one. I think the key on how far it will go (usually) is if they answer one of the questions a specific way. The 6th question on the survey is "Do you believe the bible to be the word of God or just a history book? If you knew there was another book of scripture written by prophets that testified of Jesus Christ, would you read it?" Without fail, it they say they would they let us teach them. So after all night of people saying they would not read another book we finally met DJ who answered yes. We shared with him the message of the Book of Mormon and he was just on the edge of his seat, and when we offered it to him he jumped right up! It was pretty cool! Then we set up a return appointment and he said he would start reading it as soon as we left. 

On Saturday we did them again. This time we went to so many houses and no one owuld give us the time of day. It was weird (kind of :). One of the first houses we went to a lady was on the phone so we just moved on and kept going. We did the whole street up and down then we decided to go back to the lady's house. Are we glad she did! She let us in and took the survey and she gave great answers. Then we transitioned into the restoration and she was just eating it up. She may be the most receptive person I have ever taught the restoration too. There was such a strong spirit after sharing the first vision and she said she really likes that and feels she can get an answer too! And the whole time she was just really into it, like with the apostasy and how people picked what they wanted and how Joseph was confused because he would read something yet all these churches would say it meant different things. You could totally see her connect to it and kind of a light bulb go off saying "yeah! every church is so different! I want to know what Christ's church taught!" And we are going back tomorrow. We pray she will read and feel of the spirit. 

We had our nativity festival this week. It was crazy awesome. The second night the ward did the music. So I signed up, you know share your talent and don't hide it under a bushel. As a missionary though, it is highly difficult to practice your talents. I had 3 days to put together a piece. I played Joy to the World. after I simplified several hard spots it went decent. My music fell off in the middle of the performance but I kept going with my page turner rescued it! Good thing I asked for one! 

We also are handing out lots of "He is the Gift" cards. I am almost positive all y'all with Facebook have your walls exploding with that video! It has been my favorite tool so far though! It can change any awkward situation. You can do as awkward of an approach as you can, crossing the street, going into peoples garages, it doesn't matter. When you say I want to share this Christmas video with you they just love it! So if by some crazy happenstance you haven't seen it yet, watch it!christmas.mormon.org

I do love Christmastime! I got a package from April and Jake and their fam. Now there are presents underneath our tree. If you send me a package that you don't want me to open, write that on the outside. But if there are wrapped presents I will quickly put them under the tree and resist all urges to touch, shake and poke! 
I am glad you finally got to see Meet the Mormons! So did it start out at Edwards if it just got to the paramount? That is crazy if it did! I got to see that right after it came out. We had a Zone conference and watched it. I think all US missionaries got to see it. I am also glad mom is still enjoying and utilizing her iPhone. I still can't believe she has one. It is rather ridiculous :) I love my advent calendar. A new letter gets opened every morning at 6:30. The King Singers sound fun too! I have never heard them before. 

By the way mom I have been doing the scripture challenge with you the whole time. I just got a day behind during transfers and like you said it is very difficult to catch up. So I am with you! Today we read one of my favorite scriptures. I don't even remember if I picked a scripture for my plaque, but if I could now it would be 3 Nephi 9:14. I love that Christ always invites us to come to him and be healed of everything. He puts no boundaries or limits. You don't have to be this perfect or fit any quota. He loves us all and desires our happiness and eternal life with Him and our families. Because family life is God's life which is exalted life!

I love you all so much! I hope you have a great week!
I love you more than I love basking in our Christmas corner!
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment