Thursday, January 29, 2015

It's so fluffy I'm gonna die

Dear Family!

This week went by fast. Sister Plante and I plan on setting up our own flood cleaning company. We are getting really good at it. We do our service at "House of Mercy" which is a homeless shelter for women. Well we are sitting there all calmly when the residence start yelling that there is water leaking out of the city. So we ran upstairs and the toliet was overflowing and the upstairs was badly flooded. So we turned off the water and called the manager. Which she then told us the worst thing. To make the residence clean it up... Oh boy. They are nice people who live there but boy they have attitude. Of course they refused to do it. Water is still leaking from upstairs and started to ruin things so we go clean the big puddle upstairs so it wouldn't leak down stairs but we didn't clean downstairs. I don't know why we keep getting floods. I think I will forever own a shop vac. I need one. Everyone needs one! 
So we taught Hope again this week. It was a really good lesson. We got to answer a lot of her questions and answer some concerns. We retaught the Plan of Salvation. You could feel the Spirit. So we brought a member to come a couple days later and she wasn't there! It's always difficult going out with members. I feel fine with people reject me, but when we get rejected with a member I just feel so bad. So if you ever go out with missionaries, be ok with rejection! 

So we brought the Elders and a member to our lesson with Kevin, the deaf less active this week. It was a good lesson. I had this whole plan on the Anti-Nephi-Lehis because he talks about how hard it is to read the Book of Mormon because it isn't in his language. So I start telling the story and he already knew the whole story! And before he had claimed to never feel the spirit but he told us he does when he reads! I think I communicated just fine me feeling about that just with my face! Haha! He knows more then he has let on. I gave him a lot of looks and I am pretty sure in the lesson he was told at least 10 times to come to church. For some reason I can be super bold with him. Probably because of the language barrier. I have to say what I mean, plus half of it is facial expressions so I really just show my feelings :) I do feel like I am getting better at signing! I was able to translate for the 4 people we brought. The Elders and Sister Plante all asked for name signs. There is now only one Elder who hasn't met him and gotten a name sign and he is pretty jealous. But the best part is, Kevin came to church!!!!! Wahoo!! We were thrilled! And his interpreter showed up too! (sometimes she doesn't). There was a new family that spoke in sacrament meeting and she came down after and started signing to Kevin! Sister Brabocion, she surprised us all! She has a deaf sister! A lot of people came and talked to Kevin actually! It was good. Now he can't use the no friends excuse! I had to interpret in Sunday School though. That was interesting. We basically just ended up having our own lesson. The teacher, Brother Lebeck tried teasing me and asking me questions but I couldn't really talk I was just in the mode. The whole rest of the day I was just in a different world it felt like. My mind can't switch back and forth too fast! Anyways, there is that! Exciting stuff. 

I made a really good pizza this week. So I have made quite a few pizza rolls on my mission, but then I discovered I like pizza better and the dough for that is the same price. So I have been getting creative and I made THE pizza this week. I got the thin crust and I put Alfredo Sauce on it and chicken and 3 kinds of cheese. It was SO good!! I am a big fan, and quite brilliant! If you want yummy goodness too you should try it. Also Yoplait yogurt has a caramel coconut flavor. You need to try it. 

I had a really good study this week on the family proclamation. I was reading a line from it that just stuck out to me.
"Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities."

If a prophet of God is telling me what to do to have a successful family I want to do it! So I broke down each principle and wrote how I could apply that in my family or a family. It was really good. Plus it has kind of confirmed all that I have been studying in my priority studies. The gospel is true! 

Well I love you all lots! I hope your week is awesome! 
I love you more than I love my brilliant chicken alfredo pizza!
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment