Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Anne Goes Double Digits

Dear Family!

Wow! Life sounds so crazy! It sounds like you are doing great work as relief society president! Busy busy busy though! I guess you won't ever get to go with dad to byu-i. I am glad you had a kid to sit with in church though. This week has been great. I finally had the courage to start the Book of Mormon in ASL. It seemed like just a big task! 17 discs and 60 hours! But I did! It is incredible! I understand a lot more than I thought I could. 

We have a wonderful investigator named Tina, she is so sweet. She told us that she had read a little bit of the Book of Mormon, later we found out that little bit is clear through 2 Nephi. 2 Nephi! Can you believe that! She read the whole thing and loved it! She even marked passages. We were in shock! She is just doing great! We just have the struggle of getting her to church! Isn't that always the problem. We have some great recent converts and less actives we are working with though that ARE coming to church! It is kind of incredible! This being Sister Caramia's first ward, she sometimes get upset or frustrated that more people aren't coming but oh boy! It is quite miraculous. We really have a good ward. Almost everyone is a convert in this ward. 

Sister Caramia randomly turned to me in the middle of language study and asked "How you say 'I would like to order a hamburger" I about died! It was just like the Pink Panther! I explained to her why I was laughing and we sat there staring at each other going back and forth with the whole "er" "or". It was just like the movie. Hamburger! :)
This week has just been all over the place. I can't believe that it is Monday again. We have been so busy yet I have no idea what we have been doing! Isn't that a conundrum! Sundays are always the craziest. We had 2 investigators at church and a lot of less actives! It was fantastic! But it is always a frantic Sunday taking care of everyone! Sunday night we were in charge of a BYD about the Book of Mormon and missionary work. That was fun! I drew the Book of Mormon map to help the youth explain the Book of Mormon to their friends. Then we had them do role plays, which of course youth don't like because they are the worst but it was still fun. We made lots of cookies and treats for the activity. My peanut butter cookies were a hit. I will have to make them for you when I get home. I am pro. 

I got an awesome package from Harriet in the Sun Prairie ward this week. She made me cookie and sent gifts! It was so sweet of her! I just love her! She is the best! I can't believe I am in my 3rd area. Now when people ask me how long I have been out the say I don't have much time left! Yes I do! Almost half my mission! I am one of those missionaries that I saw when I first came out and just stared at with wide eyes. "You have been out for ten months?? I have only been out 10 days! How??" I love being a missionary. It is really fun especially here in Milwaukee. We are going to have to start riding the buses soon. That will totally be a different pace of missionary work. I am going to have to learn this area fast! 

I am so grateful for all of you! I love you so much! Thanks for all the love and support! This is the Lord's work and he has a great plan!

Love you more than I wish it was warmer!
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment