Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Prayer Works!

Dear Family!

This was a week of miracles! Crazy, crazy stuff! So we were visiting someone and missed a phone call and we listen to the voice mail and it was this man that the Sisters found a while back. One of the Sisters was Sister Wu from China and they had found this other man from China and gave him a Chinese Book of Mormon. So he called saying he read the whole thing and had a few questions and wanted us to come answer them. Yes! So we are going there this week! I am pretty excited! We will see how it goes. We are trying to invite a member who also speaks Mandarin. 

Then later that day we get a headquarters referral. They are typically from mormon.org. Most frequently we get free bible requests then Book of Mormon and maybe missionary visits. This time it was my first ever one from a pass-along card for the Finding Faith in Christ dvd. That never happens! We hand out a bajillion but I have never seen anything come from it. So we went and contacted her! Her name is Barbara. Miracle! So the Elders had tracted into her a week ago and she was on the phone and couldn't talk so they just gave her a card and left. She actually called the number on the card! You want to know why? Because her best friend of 35 years is Mormon and has been trying to get her to investigate for years and she decided the time was now. I don't know how I controlled myself in the situation because she is inviting her member friend to her next lesson, so she already has her fellow shipper taken care of. She said she read the New Testament every night but committed herself to read the Book of Mormon instead! And she really wants to come to church. Just incredible. I can hear angels singing in the background. Just an absolute miracle!

We also when on exchanges this week. Sister Askerland came here, I replaced her actually so it was really helpful to have her here. She is just my hero. The greatest missionary I have ever worked with. She really inspired me just to be a better missionary. We had an awesome prayer experience. We were just all over the place that night and we got home and we couldn't find our phone. It's terrible for a missionary to loose their phone because there is so much on it! So we said a prayer and when we finished we got out of the car and this guy was getting in his car next to us and let us borrow his phone to call ours. The phone was gone. So we both felt like we should go back to one of the places we had been that night. We pull up and the phone just lights up on the side of the road. There was nothing on it, it shouldn't have lit up but it did! It was so neat! It reminded me of something a woman said in Relief Society a few weeks ago, she said she hope she was always humble enough to pray for the little things like finding something. That was a great experience. 

Saturday we went and taught Tina! She is SO amazing! I just love her! Her Book of Mormon is just all marked up and beautiful! She is so getting baptized. We taught her about prophets and the commandments which was pretty funny because all the sacrament meeting talks were on prophets! I told her we had no idea. We brought a member and she seemed to warm up to her just fine! We also set her baptismal date for April 11th and we are praying with her a lot about it and talking about it a lot so she can get excited and work towards it. 1 month! 
Also daylight savings is not a missionaries friend. I will just leave it at Sunday we were miserably tired :)
I about freaked out when it dawned on me my 20th birthday is this week. Ahh! I can't handle that. Can I just be a kid forever. It will be interesting. 

I hope you guys just a have a fabulous week! You are so wonderful! I don't have to feel jealous about your regional conference with Elder Perry because he may be the apostle coming next week to our mission! It is so warm today though! The snow is starting to melt! I love it! It is weird though because the last time I felt weather like this I was in Sun Prairie. So weird. I love you all a ton! Keep up the great work! You are just great! I love you so so much!

I love you more than I love this weather!
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment