Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The Spirit of God Like a Fire!

Dear Familia!

Oh boy! Was this week just sensational? Yes! My soul is just filled with delight, I have no idea how this works! But I do know it is the Spirit and that this is the Lord's work! How beautiful are the mountains we get to walk on? That probably made no sense because there aren't mountains here. Anyways! Lets start with an update on the wonderful people we are working with. We met with Barbara again this week. She is doing so well. She is reading the Book of Mormon and loves it. We haven't taught her the Word of Wisdom yet but she said as soon as she started reading she lost the desire to drink and she has been declining any alcohol given to her because she feels she just doesn't need it anymore. Okay. Without us even asking or talking about it she has already tried invited some friends and family to her baptism. Okay. It's so great! I don't even know what to do! Just teach her what she needs to know and help her be baptized! She had the flu on Sunday so she couldn't come to church but she is progressing so well!

Tina! This woman is so wonderful! She told us she knows God wants her to be baptized. She has been studying and marking up scriptures about baptism and prophets. We talked to her about General Conference, prophets, apostles, priesthood. I love it because she is the first person I have taught that understands that we have that authority, that Christ's church would have his authority and it is as the scriptures say "One lord, one faith and one baptism" It is so neat. We were worried this week because we had church at a different stake center because the other stake needed our bigger building. But she came! And it wasn't a problem! And she loved it! She brought a notebook and took notes in Sunday School! Isn't she just beautiful! The ward already assigned her home teachers and is working on visiting teachers. This gospel is changing her. She is so much more confident in herself and happy because she has been reading the Book of Mormon and being edified by her. It is definitely the power of God!

And this isn't where the great stuff ends! This Saturday we had a very special event! Our whole mission gathered together for a mission conference so we could hear special servants of the Lord speak. We had Elder Craig C. Christensen from the presidency of the seventy and Elder Daniel L. Johnson from the first quorum of the seventy come and speak to us with our area authority, Elder Jack Ward. It was so good! First off! Guess who I saw! Literally everyone! Sister Morales! That was an exciting moment! I gave her a special hug for you mom! It will be only a week old hug! I saw all of my old companions, all my old districts! It was almost a sensory overload! So many missionaries! It was so beautiful though! It was an empowering experience. President and Sister Cutler bore their testimonies than Elder Christiensen talked! He is definitely a special witness of Christ. The words he said were meant specifically for our mission, specifically for me (as well as everyone else). He talked about how there are four pillars of the atonement.

1. Christ overcoming death, we will all rise again. 
2. Christ helping us overcoming spiritual death, through faith and repentance we are all made clean.

The other 2 were r3ally good, and I have never categorized like this before.
3. Christ suffered all our pains and trials so he could heal us. As he said when he healed those during his ministry "By your faith, ye are made whole" Through him all wounds can be healed, physically, spiritually and mentally.
4. Grace, the the enabling power of the atonement that allows us to do things we could not do on our own. 
He then went through a question and answer session with him and all others there and it was a sacred experience. I am sure it was personal for all there. As I listened I had just a wonderful feeling of the absolute possibility that we can be steadfast and immovable in Christ. That we can make it home again. As we put Faith above all else miracles will happen. I am so grateful for my mission! It has put me on a path that I have no idea how I could have got on without it, nor do I want to know how I would have had to get here. I know that my Savior is therefor me. I know I can always have perfect hope in His promises because He will fulfill His word. I know that those God has called are all there for a reason to fulfill God's work and to bear witness of Him.
I just love you guys so much! It sounds like you had a fun week celebrating birthdays! I hope you all continue to be safe! I love you dearly!

I love you more than I love our car!
Anne

1 comment:

  1. Today Kelsea Morales returned from her mission in Wisconsin. She gave me a "big one week old hug" from Anne. She said Anne is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete