Wednesday, April 1, 2015

I Believe in Miracles!

Dear Family!

Sorry about that! This week was awesome! So Tina is just on fire! I have been so worried making sure she is ready so we have made sure to teach everything! I have never done this before, it's wonderful! 

We had interviews with our mission President this week and he asked what my Preach My Gospel Studies are. I replied it's just been for Tina and Barbara because I have never been able to teach some of these lessons and don't know what I am doing! But it is so good! So we met with her this week three times :) 

We started on Tuesday with the Law of Chastity. We were really straightforward about the whole thing, because there is no other way to do it. After she just had this face that seemed to say, "Why in the world are you talking about this right now? Why would you talk about this?" So we felt a little awkward. 

We came back two days later and talked about temples with Sister Cutler and Tina told us after we left Tuesday she just started laughing about these two 20 year olds talking to a 50 year old about chastity. She remembered teaching her kids and just laughed. She thought it was sweet. But our lesson about the temple was really good! I think she likes that whole idea of being sealed. 

Sister Cutler also left her with the For Strength of Youth because if we live those things we can go in the temple. We saw her again on Saturday with our Relief Society President and went over the baptismal interview questions and she then asked us to teach her about tithing and fasting! We were shocked but realized she read the For Strength of Youth! So we ended up teaching her that on the spot too and she accepted it no problem! It was great! She officially is ready to be baptized. She knows everything and has a testimony! 

We asked if she remembered what visiting teaching was as well and responded with, "It's when two sisters will come into my home and teach me the gospel and then me and and another sister will go into other sisters home and do the same." AHHH! She is ready to do visiting teaching too! Ahh!! I was so excited! So was the Relief Society President! Oh boy! It's music to the ears! 

Also her prayer when we closed was absolutely beautiful! She is so excited to be clean, to have the Spirit and to be a part of this church. She loves the Book of Mormon. She was talking about the Bible and how it is so good but things got lost. And that is why she loves the Book of Mormon because it is 100% true! She has such a strong testimony I feel of everything! Book of Mormon, prophets and baptism! And she quit coffee officially! And she is defending the church! And defending her baptism. I could go on forever about Tina. I just love her and I love how much Heavenly Father loves her. 

She is incredible. I also should mention she finally stayed for all three hours! And she made comments in Sunday School. She is also making friends with the member and even had a member ask if he could baptize her! It warms my heart!

Barbara has been sick this week so there will be more to come. We may have to push back her baptism a little bit, but that will be ok. We have had an awesome crazy week! I got to see Sister Morales before she left. We snuck into transfer point during our lunch hour and saw her. I also got to say goodbye to Sister Homan before she left and say hi to Sister Goldwater my MTC comp. She is training a new missionary now! It is so exciting! I don't know what else to talk about Tina is just a rockstar and has taken up a lot of my thinking space!

It's been cold but now it is warming up! I can't wait for rainy season! It is about to start! It is just a beautiful time of year! It is a beautiful time to be a missionary! I love this work! I don't think I could be happier. This is definitely where I am meant to be! I love it! I love all of you! Thank you for all the support! Easter is this Sunday

I am assuming all y'all with Facebook and internet use know all about the He lives video, if not watch it! It's beautiful! I am so grateful for this time of the year to have an extra reminder of the resurrection of our Savior. He is everything! Have a Happy Easter! This is my first second! My second easter away from home! Crazy! I just love my mission and the path it has put me on to my Savior, I cherish this time!

I love you more than I love all the Easter candy in the world!
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment