Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Sun Will Come Out!

Dear Family!

After a very cold cold week, it finally warmed up yesterday! I love the sun! Sunday after church I just sat on our porch basking in the sun and napping and eating. Mmm, so good! And it is warmer today. I am going to have to re-adjust to not wearing tights however. 

This week went by so extremely fast, I don't even know where the days would go. We would start it and then it would be done! I don't know how missionaries function out west. Doing 2 wards is exhausting let alone 3 stakes. I can't believe May is next week! Ahh! Anyways enough about time, I'm getting old.

So we finally had the break through with Barbara! We figured out her problem with baptism. She had an absolutely scarring experience when she was baptized into a different church then a member may have put false ideas into her head about what our baptisms are like. So she feels a lot better about it! Thank goodness. She has still been pretty sick. We decided that when she comes to church we will show her the font and room and we will set a date with her there. So pray that all works out. So she is doing pretty good! 

I just have been feeling my testimony strengthened so much this weekend! God puts us at the right place at the right time. He is definitely there for each of His children. I love being a missionary and being aware of that. He puts us in the paths of people that need Him. That is how great His love is! We learned even more about that at Stake Conference this weekend. It was so good. I love stake conferences! Especially Saturday night sessions. It's just a hidden treasure! The whole weekend was just a spiritual power house. Elder Ward, our area authority came. He is an amazing man! It is incredible how he can just get up there and go. He doesn't have a talk prepared he just says what needs to be heard. he gave some powerful talks.Saturday he talked about the proximity principle, how we are all placed in our own "field", the Lord places us in specific places for specific people. We are meant to be in their lives! That was cool. He had all of us missionaries stand up and quote D&C 4 from memory. That was cool and nerve racking. I was worried he was just going to call one missionary out and we made way too much eye contact to make me feel comfortable, thankful our mission president suggested all of us! Whew! A huge focus was councils. Family, ward, stake, couple, just every type of council. Then the stake president tied all the counsel of councils to how we need to apply it to our prayers. That is so neat, that we can council with Heavenly Father about our lives. I am just in awe with how aware He is and will help us. It is neat to sit down and ponder what His answers are, you realize He answers more than you can think! 

Cool story! I met Brad and Amber Simmons also at Stake Conference! They are in the North Stake but we had a meeting during their time. Brad is Camille's bro-in-law. Gregg's brother. They just moved out to Waukesha. Small world!

Well it sounds like you have had a fun week with the boys and now with Lindsey! I love you all so much! I am so happy out here! Prayer! It keeps me happy, I am learning how to access the atonement so much more. We can always live joyfully, even with the hard times. I know I probably won't always feel this way, I have got to grow somehow but I love this feeling. This is truly the Lord's work, it's his rescue! It will all work out because He is in charge! I am just so happy, I love it!

I love you more than I love this warm sun!
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment