Wednesday, May 6, 2015

I'm going on an adventure

Dear Family!

Wow! This week has been crazy! As you are aware I got a surprise transfer. I was going to stay in West Allis longer but we have a shortage of sisters in our mission and it got surprised shut down for a while. They should have more sisters to cover it in the summer but we will have another dip in the fall. Anyways it was a shock. The hard part was telling everyone that there wouldn't be sisters. Sister Caramia just left 3 weeks ago so everyone was trying to adjust. I think it about broke Tina's heart to hear that. That was the hardest part. I was able to tell her just fine but as soon as I started talking about the people who were going to come visit I just started bawling. It was hard, really hard. I feel like crying just talking about it. We will be having our last supper with her on Tuesday night. Needless to say, I will need some tissues. I have been fine leaving all my other areas, I think it is because it was so unexpected and shocking. I could feel all the other ones. It was hard telling Fred too. He is a returning member and the sisters have just helped him so much. I sure hope the Elders here take good care. We both had full loads of people we were working with and they ride buses. I made a lot of good friends in this ward. I have loved my time in West Allis.
It didn't help that is was fast and testimony meeting. I decided to just not get up. Then, you know the burning started and I had to go up. I barely made it through, but I did it. Actually your words mom rung through my head. Right before we moved from Fox Hollow you said, "Anne, you better bear your testimony, this is your last time here. You'll regret it if you don't!" So I did it here. Granted I did not do it in Fox Hollow and honestly don't regret it :) but maybe you said those words for now ;) We closed with "I am a child of God" I may have cried then too. After people noticed I was crying and came up and asked if I was leaving and I had to explain and cry harder. I have made it clear to this point without crying in church. No shame! Sister Stewart too, I am going to miss her. She is the sister's best friend. I love her. She was like our 4th companion (3rd is the spirit) So many people. I hope you know I am dragging you back here for a road trip next summer. It is also pretty hard to pack considering I don't actually live at the apartment my stuff is at. I have never had this difficulty.

However I do know that the Lord has a plan for me and for the people I am leaving here and the people I am going to. I will work hard to fulfill my purpose in my new area. By the way did I tell you where I am going? I am going to Racine. My mission appears it will stay on the south side of Wisconsin! Which is good because in June I can go to the temple again! I am super happy for that! We can go only every 6 months and if we live within 2 hours driving distance. Racine is pretty close to the border.

I have a funny story for you mom. So Sister Green has been in shock with your sweet sewing skills. She saw my bag matching my pjs and freaked out. Then my gray dress. So the other day I came out in the orange and white polka dot button up dress. She sarcastically said, "I bet your mom made that too, right?" Thinking she got me this time. She admires you a lot mom.

I can't believe it is May. I also can't believe I had to remind you we are skyping Sunday. I hope you two get that worked out with how busy you are. I am in shock with how fast time is going. It is precious. I really love being a missionary. It is hard especially at times like this when you have to leave those you love, but I know I am needed else where. This is such an exciting work to carry forth His gospel. Nothing I would rather do at this time. I love this work and I love this gospel! I love you all so much and I get to talk to you soon! Get some questions ready for me if you want to know anything. I go pretty blank minded!

I love you more than I love technology! Talk to you soon!
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment