Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Another Day, Another Blessing!

Dear Family!

I don't know where this week has gone! I can't believe I talked to you last Sunday! Because we have the whole ward to cover we have lots of area and I feel like we are just in the car all day! I also fell like I am always full here. I take back what I said about being fed pretty well. I feel like we are being stuffed right now. Lots of good food. I gotta start running..blech. 

Tuesday we went to Sam's club and that was fun. I found a cute dress for only $10 and a shirt for $7 I say great deal. My companion got sent a skirt that didn't fit and she gave that to me too. So I did get a few good summer clothes :) 

We do have an investigator that we were finally able to teach the Restoration to. It just kept falling through but we finally got to. You could feel the Spirit very strongly. It's up to her to act. I really enjoy teaching with Sister Casas though. We mesh pretty well with our teaching I think. We both have the same desires and intents which I feel helps so much. We also got to teach Tessa, the woman with a baptismal date. Her problem last time she almost got baptized was the law of chastity. So we hit that early on and taught it this week and I feel it went really well! Which is a big benefit when it comes to teaching that lesson! So that was a nice tender mercy. 

We didn't have as much luck as I would have hoped finding this week. That is why there is a new week this week! It has been a really hot weekend. We were sweating a lot. Super humid. I keep waiting for my Wisconsin rain storms! I am going to be sad if we don't get a rainy season like last year. Sister Casas and I have been playing Phase 10 at lunch and after nightly planning. It has been pretty fun. I think I am still ahead ;) 

The Briggs are just super awesome. We always eat with them Sunday after church. Their son and his family come too. It's always a nice big family dinner. We had true Wisconsin style with brats and sauerkraut grill out. Everything minus the beer. We had a delicious pineapple too. I think I ate half of it. That is what happens when you have Sister Trent cut it! 

Crazy story! Racine prom is crazy! First off I can't believe it's the time of year. We were driving around and you could see all these super dressed up teenagers. First off this were not normal prom dressed it was like Emmy style. Limos and party buses were driving around all day. We went home and found out more. Racine goes all out. The high schools have the dance at their school and then they all go to this big hall by the lake, all of the schools. It is put on by the city. They have this read carpet, people cheering on the side and photos and it is all broadcast on TV! It is crazy! Then there is another dance and games and laser tag and food and everything until 3 in the morning! Then they all go to the dells in the morning which is a huge resort town thing. It's crazy. Outrageous. The cars pull up to the red carpet then men with white gloves open the door and each couples walks down the carpet and that is what is on tv with the interviews. That's why they go all out with the dresses. Weird.

Anyways that was the bulk of my week! I don't know why I can't think of more. I am still adjusting but I am loving it here more and more. I know the Lord put me here for a reason. I am excited to make this coming week a good week and to serve the Lord in this glorious work!

I love you more than I love last years rain!
Anne


No comments:

Post a Comment