Tuesday, May 26, 2015

It was a grrrrrrrreat week

Dear Family!

It was a grrrrreat week! So we went on exchanges this week, that was an interesting time though. Our poor car. Sister Casas stayed in Racine while I went to Kenosha, so she was driving our car. She may or may not have backed into a parked trailer. So now the front and back of our car is banged up. Our poor poor car. Then a bird flew into our grill and died. That was so sad. Thankfully a very kind man took it out for us :) I am such a killer. Anyways moving on. 

Thursday I did a little family history and I found the link I sent you is not our family but! I found the real one! I will send it to you when I get it more solid! Thursday, the miracles just started pouring out! Kind of how I wish our rain would! We are set out to start giving out a Book of Mormon a day like last year. That is weird that I can even say that. We just have been led to all the right places! We gave one out and then had an appointment with Tessa, she was super distracted so we left earlier than anticipated and went out contacting. We couldn't find anyone in that area, so we walked to our car and saw a couple and talked to them. We got in our car, started driving and we saw this man who the sisters used to teach. Last week when we were driving we saw him and wished we would have stopped and talked to him. Earlier in the day we mentioned him and promised we would stop if we ever saw him again. So what does Heavenly Father do? Place us in his path at the perfect time so we would see him. We stopped and we may have chased him down unknowingly to him (missionaries are not creepy). It was meant to be, He was going through a hard time and Heavenly Father wanted someone to be there for him right at that moment. 
Friday we were booked and didn't have time to go tracting, so as we were walking to our appointment we felt prompted to knock one house. So we did, Wendy answered and she just so happened to be house sitting that house. She used to have really nice Mormon neighbors and had a BOM but lost it in her move and she asked if she could have one! Yes! So we have another meeting with her this week. We have also started teaching the members the missionary lessons at 8 if we have no other appointments during that time. It has helped us improve our teaching and teaching in unity. The Spirit has been so strong in those meetings.
Saturday we had lots of miracles again, I can't even write about all of them. We got invited to the Spanish Branch's Young Women's fundraiser. It was so fun and funny. The Branch President is a hoot! I wore one of the dresses you made me that day and another on Sunday. He is super impressed with your skills. He also likes to sew and their whole family is thoroughly impressed with your skill and fashion. They made sure to make sure I tell you. I would have told you anyways, it is rather funny how much they keep bringing up my awesome family. 


Sunday was a miracle day too! We had our typical Sunday dinner with the Brigg's and the grandkids wanted us to stay but we had to go give out another Book of Mormon. We had them say a prayer with us before we left that we would be able to give one away. We gave away 3 that night! I am just in awe how we keep getting placed in people's paths! And I will keep talking about that! 

Yesterday, Memorial Day was a blast. We helped the Briggs make 6 racks of great-grandma's famous ribs. Yes I wrote that right, 6 racks. I am going to have to get you the recipe dad. They might give you a run for your money. We went to a couple more BBQs a FHE and only had 30 minutes of the night left and still no BOM. So we went to contact a referral and the weren't home. We walked up and down the street trying to find someone out. No one. We didn't know what to do. We didn't know if we had time to go find somewhere else. A little sad we walked to our car and we both looked up and this woman who wasn't there before was sitting on her porch! We went and talked to her and were just praying in our hearts. She was receptive and accepted a copy! It was a miracles. I honestly don't know how He does it, but I know he has such and amazing plan for everyone. We are all placed in certain people's paths for a reason. We just have to look up to be guided. 

Basically I have just been loving my week. So good. I also was blessed to finish the Book of Mormon again and to start again. I am studying the Spirit and how it speaks and what we need to do to be open to the promptings. It has been a rich experience so far and I am blessed to see my studies come to life as I act. There is no doubt in my mind that Heavenly Father has a plan and is in charge. All things show it, it is just up to us to see it! I love this gospel and I love my Savior. And I love sharing it! And I love you!

I love you more than all the meat in the world!

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment