Monday, April 13, 2015

A Wonderful Morning

Dear Family,

It was just a beautiful week. I won't keep you waiting! Tina is officially a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!! She is baptized! Wow! It was a beautiful day! All week it has been rainy, which I absolutely love and adore, stormy, hailing, you name it. Apparently there were tornadoes down south. In the apartment we are in I am okay with that now, we have a cement basement so if needed we can hide! Anyways, Saturday morning the clouds parted and we just had a wonderful sunny day. I told Tina it was Heavenly Father smiling down on her :) 
She was beautiful! 

We had a really good turn out too! over 40 people came! Tina was so happy! She was talking and laughing and smiling! You could tell she was super nervous though but more excited. One of her biggest concerns was that she would disappoint people with her reaction because never really acts to happy but her happiness was contagious! 

​Sister Askerland is the one who found Tina with Sister Wu and then Sister Caramia and I have been teaching her. 
It was so good! She said she just felt so warm inside and that while she was being baptized it felt like she was in a different world. She was beaming afterwards!

​After! This is with her housemate Robbie! The Sisters actually contacted her but she dogged them! See her beautifully marked Book of Mormon?! It's awesome! Members gave her the pictures! Robbie insisted we hold everything up for the photo! So cute! She loved the scriptures you gave her! She brought them to church and started marking them! While we were waiting for her and Ted to get changed (he got baptized too! double baptism!) We gave each of the members note card to write a testimony and favorite scripture for each of them. Our plan was to make a little book and give it to them but after the baptism everyone came up and gave them the note cards and introduced themselves. It worked even better that way! It made Tina a little emotional! They could just feel the love! Then she said she couldn't wait to get the Holy Ghost! Sunday she was confirmed and received the gift of the Holy Ghost and she just came of the stand beaming! She said she felt hot! Not just a warmth! So happy! So this is Tina! The newest member of the West Allis ward!

Everyone was super sad when they realized Sister Caramia was leaving this week. So we are having a crazy week saying goodbye. We are having a goodbye dinner with Tina tonight. She is sad she is leaving. Sister Caramia is sad. It is strange having this be the middle of the transfer. We got a very good phone call saying we only have to take over two areas and not three after all! So yay! Just West Allis and Muskego Lakes. Muskego Lakes has deaf members so I will be able to do more ASL! That will be exciting! 

More exciting news! I finished my first journal! I have never finished one before! It only took me a year! I thought you would be happy mom! That means I do write in it :)

We had a wonderful missionary fireside last night! I was so nervous but it turned out so well! We talked about non threatening ways to do missionary work and discussed ideas for family mission plans. I just love this ward. I am very happy here! I just really love this work! There is no where I would rather be! The happiness and joy that fills my soul is wonderful! It is all because of Him. On hard days I always have hope in His plan, as Ether says it is in an anchor for my soul. The Savior atoned for us so we don't have to be alone in this world and so we can make it back home! I love it! I love seeing Tina make those steps! She is now on the path! The gate is unlocked!

I love you more than all the rain this week!
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment