Monday, April 6, 2015

I love Conference!

Dear Family,

This was a great crazy week! We had a lot of planning we had to do! So last transfer there were 6 missionaries in our ward (3 companionships) and 3 of those missionaries were going home so one of the Elder's areas got closed and now we are down to 4 missionaries. Which I might add is the least I have ever served with, crazy! But those 3 Elders thought it would be great to hold a fireside, and they decided it should be held after they left. We tried and tried to meet with them to plan, but Elders :) So we ended up planning that whole thing for the 12th and then Tina's baptism for the 11th. Which it will actually be a double baptism because the Elders are baptizing someone as well. So a lot of planning and calling and asking! I guess I am just preparing for future callings. Props to mom and dad for doing this for years! I bet you are just pros by now! So that was fun, it actually relieved a lot of stress just getting it taken care of and not putting it off until the last minute. 

We finally got to see Barbara this week! We just ended up stopping by because sometime the whole appointment thing doesn't work. She is just having some fears of what the actual baptism will be like so we invited her to Tina's and hopefully it helps calm her fears! We will keep praying about her! But Tina is doing amazing! We watched both Saturday sessions with her at her house because she has BYUTV! Awesome! Hopefully she will stumble on that channel more often! She is just doing so well. It is amazing to just see her testimony grow and grow! I think she is ready for Saturday! I am so excited for her! She knows that this isn't the end, but the beginning of her journey back home. I just love seeing this gospel change people! I would do this forever! I will in my own way when I get back home. Watching conference was so great! It just instilled in me a greater desire to follow our Savior. I loved Elder Bednar's talk about Godly Fear. I can't remember if it was his or someone elses who talked about obeying the commandment's out of a love for God. I think that was Uchtdorf, so good! So many good things. I just downloaded all of conference to listen to at home. 

One of the returning less actives had his mom break her hip this week. I was concerned this would shake his testimony pretty hard, but I think it is doing the opposite. He asked if his mom could get a blessing and he just loved it and held dear to it. He has been sitting in the hospital reading talks and scriptures to his mom too! And just receiving amazing spiritual strength! We just keep seeing the gospel in action everywhere! 

This week will be crazy with everything going on, but it's hard to believe next week will be crazier. Sister Caramia will be leaving on the 15th and then the crazy hits. Our mission president doesn't want to close any sister's areas because more sisters will be coming and he would just have to reopen them. So just how everything is happening and with the temple square missionaries we will be short a few sisters. So me and another missionary will have to take over 3 areas for 3 weeks! Ah! It's crazy! So wish me good luck for next week! I will still be in the West Allis area but we will be covering Muskego Lakes and Oak Creek as well. After 3 weeks I will just be back to West Allis. It is weird knowing what is going to happen before it does, I am positive I will be here until at least the end of June so that is nice! 

I hope you had a happy easter! For us it was good! A nonmember family invited us over for dinner! We have tried teaching them but they wouldn't listen. But, they love the missionaries and feed us occasionally. It was so kind of them! We watched Sunday conference at the church and I just loved it. I loved all of it, I was sad we didn't get to hear the prophet as much so I can't wait to listen to priesthood session.

I am sorry my letter is all over the place, I hope it makes sense. I am just a little tired and all over the place. But I still love you! I am grateful we got to see conference all at the same time! That is cool! All your kids watching at the same time! I enjoyed every minute and I cherish the words said! I am so grateful for this beautiful Easter weekend to remember what the Savior has done for each of us and how we can have His help everyday! 

I love you more than all the Easter feasts!
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment