Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Happy Fourth!

Dear Family!

So much happened this week! I don't even know where to start. Let me pull up my planner. First off, who knew it was July! Wow! Appleton celebrated it on the 3rd which was weird. You should celebrate the holiday on the holiday. I guess I should just hop right on into the good stuff! Nikisha and Bubbles got baptized! It was a beautiful baptism! The ward was so great! They planned the whole thing and all they left us in charge of was filling the font. I got to go practice the organ while it filled because guess who played this Sunday? I did! Oh it was scary! Anyways it was such a good baptism! The Spirit was incredibly strong! Sister Adams-Hart got to come back and pack all of her stuff. She is being transferred again to Madison. I feel sorry she is hopping around, I know how that goes, I am glad it wasn't me though! That sounded terrible, it wasn't. She is excited. Kristy, a recent convert of 3 weeks, gave the talk on baptism at the baptism. It was so great. All these amazingly strong converts! They are so solid! I just got an email from Tina, she just called as a ward missionary and so did Fred! I am so excited! At the baptism Nikisha the Spirit just hit me and helped me see how big missionary work is. It is so much bigger than what our focus of "missionary work" is. The Lord is just orchestrating this beautifully masterpiece. Placing everyone where they need to be. It is beautiful! It was so sweet to see a mother and daughter get baptized together. It made for a special spirit. It was so cute. Nikisha and Bubbles were just beaming.

bap1 Sister Adams-Hart, Bubbles (Bernistien), Nikisha, Sister Trent, Sister Rousseau

bap2 Walter (Nikisha's husband), Sister Rousseau, me, Sister Adams-Hart, Nikisha, Kristy (got baptized 3 weeks ago!) The two red shirtboys are Kristy's and middle is Nikisha's

Good times! We went up to a little town named New London this week and found some great people. One was named Brandon, he was a potential. He opened the dorr and said he thinks we would disagree on some topics and that it just isn't his thing. So we asked him what his concerns were. And he said he believed in both science and religion and he had gotten some Christians really upset over that. You know me, I just lit up! That is one of my favorite things! I could talk to you all day about how religion and science are inseparable! He in turn just lit up! He got really excited to! It was exciting! Now he REALLY wants to study the Mormon religion! If only we met more people like that. I don't even have to try to connect. I just get my nerd on. If only I had glasses.

Then! Miracle! Another one! We went to our first return appointment wo this lady named Jill. Last week we saw a really cute house so we thought to ourselves we best go knock on that door. It is super cute. So we did and we found Jill! She was so great. We came back this Friday and her whole family "happened" to be there. The Spirit totally set this up. We got to teach their whole family together! It was beautiful! The husband, Joe started going off while were talking about the apostasy and he was sure we were still in that apostasy today. We asked him what it would mean to him if he knew there was a prophet. He said it would mean so much to him, that he could have the guidance and clarity in this world. So we told them about Joseph Smith and then we testified of a living prophet and he just started tearing up! Then they all committed to be baptized on August 29th! It was incredible!

We have been praying a lot for families lately. One morning we both were praying hard to find a family. We went to visit an investigator and found out she was in the hospital. We went to go visit her and her doctor came in mentioned how he knew some mormons and left. Later we were walking out to our car and guess who we passed in the parking lot. This doctor! He accepted a Book of Mormon and said he would share it with his FAMILY! Then he mentioned how he knew a member here as well! We got in the car and we both knew he was an answer to our prayers. We called the member that he knew and now the member is working with him! So cool!
The fourth was crazy, we didn't have any set appointmen
ts so we just went finding all day! It was great! There were many people. Many interesting people!

I am glad you all had so much fun! The pictures looked like a blast! The ice cream sounded amazing. Now I wish I would have bought some today. Last Monday we went and visited a dairy farm, I will include pictures! It was great! Fully robotic! They are high tech out here!

I love you more than ice cream!
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment