Monday, July 20, 2015

The measuring cups can't measure

My dearest family!


Where does one begin. First, it is crazy hot. God blessed me to withstand the cold, I need to do a little more praying on the heat. I swear my companion doesn't sweat. She still wears sweaters and cardigans and here I am in a t-shirt wiping off my gallons of sweat. You're welcome :) Funny story about weather. So Monday we had a little tornado apparently come through. Sister Rousseau and I had a great sleep and woke up in the morning with the alert on our phone. We didn't think it was a very big deal, we went outside though and the wind had down quite a bit of damage. There was tree debris everywhere and signs knocked over. However this Friday we woke up to a huge storm! Sister Rousseau may have woken up yelling, "I don't want to die!" It was pretty sketchy. We kept checking the phone for an alert but didn't get one. We are still safe and plan on staying that way. 

SAM_3298
This morning we went on another dairy tour! There were 7,800 cows at this one! It was great! We stink but that's ok! We almost got to see the cows calving but not quite. We did get to go to the calf stalls and stick our hands up calves mouths! It was great! It was funny! I never had the bravery to do that before. Our tour guide was pretty funny and he thought it was amusing. We got to see there prize cows too. Their winner is worth $400,000. That is a shiny penny! I got to pet $400,000 dollars! It was in my hands! Anyways. 

So this is going to be all out of order because I forgot my journal! So miracle #1. After church we were chatting it up in the Relief Society room when a member rushed in, "Sisters! An investigator is waiting at the door looking for missionaries!" So we booked it on over! Her name was Deborah, she had biked to the church. She met with missionaries 2 years ago but was at a place in her life when she couldn't do much. But she really wanted to meet and learn more. Her grandma was mormon so she had connections and good memories. It was sweet! So last night we went over with Nikisha, who by the way just got called to be a ward missionary, and shared the Book of Mormon. It was great! She is a sincere learner! God has definitely led her here! It was all so crazy! 

Sister Wheeler was able to drive us out to New London this week and it was so great! We got to see Brandon again! He loves this gospel. He has always struggled with religion because it never quite made sense to him or lined up. As we taught the Plan of Salvation he just loved it. It made sense. The loves this church! So he agreed to be baptized on September 12th! AND he went to church on Sunday to the YSA ward! And he loved it! On his way back he had lunch at the Wheeler's house with us. They are all gamers and connected really well. Brandon was just beaming. So he is now transitioned to the YSA sisters but we will still get to go to his baptism. He is a great Young Man! 

SAM_3301
We had dinner at a member's and had to go to a Relief Society activity afterwards. It was pouring rain and we were driving and we drove past this man walking. We were about two miles away when the Spirit couldn't yell any louder, so we turned around and went to go talk to him. He name is Josh, he is in his early 30s and he has to walk with a walker. He liked to party and was driving home and got in a terrible car accident and broke his neck. He said it is how God saved his life. It is his tragic blessing. He became catholic after and has loved it. We gave him a Book of Mormon and when we came back the next day he was sitting outside reading it! He is just fantastic! I can't wait to see where this goes! 

Friday I went on exchanges with Sister Pope! It was great! It is always fun to switch things up. We were going to a member's house for dinner and she lived in this apartment complex. There was only 3 visitor parking spots which were all full. So we asked this lady where we could park and she kindly let us use her spot! After we parked we went up to her and thanked her and introduced ourselves. When we introduced ourselves as Sisters she exclaimed, "Oh! Sisters! Do you have an extra Book of Mormon? I am looking for a church to go to!" Why yes, yes we do! It was great! Her name is Shantel! Lets just hope she keeps her appointment and reads! We also met a guy who built the Washington D.C. temple! He just loved it! He got to share some really cool tidbits with us. He needs to be Mormon. 

We also met another really cool family this week! It has just been miracles falling from the heavens. Again, I don't know what is going on. It is such a fantastic thing. It truly is a marvelous work and a wonder. There is no way God could not be in this. This is his work, and I don't know how I am blessed enough to be a part of it! I wouldn't rather be any other place! I love this work! I love all of you too! I hope you have a blessed week!

I love you more than I want to be a cow!

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment