Monday, October 12, 2015

The Last Leaf

Dear Family!

It was a great week! We had a beautiful baptism. Deandre got baptized! Now I know it's confusing. Kristy got baptized the weekend before I got here and she is a 30 year old single mom of 3 boys. Deandre is 10, Zavier is 7 and Travon is 6. Deandre almost got baptized 3 other times but Kristy didn't feel quite comfortable yet. He was grinning ear to ear, jumping from floor to ceiling and running from wall to wall. Such a cute boy. There was a very good turn out. I got to play the piano and pray and Sister Rosenblum got to give a talk on baptism. She made a joke that Deandre liked me better because he let me just pray :) However I have to give a talk this week in church because of her so I have been throwing her under the bus for everything there is to volunteer for. Travon was so excited for the baptism too that after the kids were playing on the stage and Travon spun right off the stage and landed on his face. That poor kid just has a bruised half of his face. It was fun to help Deandre to prepare for this moment.

Sunday after church Kristy had us over for dinner and the cutest thing happened. The boys lost their volleyball and were all upset and Zavier told them if they said a prayer the Holy Ghost would help them find it. So Deandre said a prayer and they all went searching and found it! It was such a great experience. I think especially for Kristy. She has 3 rambunctious boys but that was a tender moment.
We had a really fun time this week tracting in the fall leaves. We came up with the motto, "A block a day keeps Satan locked away" Cheesy I know, but it keeps us motivated. We had one of my favorite Book of Mormon experiences this week. We were tracting on a street and knew there was a less active nearby that we had never met. So we knocked on his door and this guy answered the door looking shocked we were there. He was a hilariously happy guy. Probably because it was Sunday and that is the day every Wisconsinite drinks their little heart out. We asked if he had ever heard of the Book of Mormon before. Very thrilled he said, "Yeah! That is a great book!" We were kind of taken aback. No one has ever given that response before. He had a good Mormon friend in college but never had a Book of Mormon. So we gave him one and set up a return appointment. So I hope that goes well and that he is just as receptive sober :)

We saw Jim again this week and he took us out to lunch. I can't wait to tell you all about this man. They need to make a movie about him. He has a cool conversion story.

What's your verse? Mine is D&C 121:41-42. It is a good one! I changed mine last week to D&C 6:34. I have always liked it but this week it stood out to me when it says let earth and hell combine against you that earth could represent things we can't control. Like sudden things no expects, health issues, accidents, unforeseen things. Hell could represent evil things that people do that effect you. It was really helpful to me and neat.

I love you all! Have a great week! Be safe! Take care!

I love you more than all the falling leaves!
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment