Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Dear Family!

Well can you believe it was General Conference! I LOVED it! What more can you want in life? It is literally manna to the soul. Fun fact! I have 2 actually that correlate with conference. Did you know that Elder Renlund was President Cutler's mission companion in Sweden?! How cool is that! That was a weird reality. Then fun fact number 2! Elder Schwitzer who spoke is coming to the mission next month for a mission tour and general conference. President Cutler and his wife entertain authorities when they come and President Cutler is taking Jim and his wife and Elder Schwitzer and to lunch! How cool is that! Jim seemed pretty excited. I really hope and pray that pans out. He accepted the invitation, it is just a matter of getting him there. When we met with Jim he gave us an electronic copy of his book he wrote on being a spiritual guide. It aligns pretty well with Preach My Gospel.

Oh! I made something really really cool this week! I am not going to tell you what it was or send a picture. I just want you to wait in anticipation and see it in real life.

There was a funeral for one of our members this Saturday and the Rebarchik's from West Allis came! Oh it was great to see them! I gave them a note for Fred. I really hope I can say goodbye to people in West Allis while I am in Milwaukee for transfers!

We saw Dawn again, sadly she did not make it to conference. That would have been exciting. But she is noting the changes in herself as she reads and meets with us. Baby steps.

Sunday, Sister Rhodes made us a big breakfast and had some other families from the ward over, too. We watched the first session at her house and then watched the second session at the church. Her breakfast is to die for. I think quality breakfast foods are great! She makes syrup out of cookie butter. Wow. After that, The Barker's had us over for dinner for additional amazing food. The cooks in the ward are spectacular.

The crazy pictures are of us and some youth at volleyball. It was the two young men's last week before they leave on their missions. They took all of us missionaries out to dinner too! It is funny seeing that. We also had a young man in our ward come home from his mission this week too. Ah!
Did mom cry during Elder Holland's talk? I bet moms all around the world were weeping. That was beautiful! I loved Elder Hales talk. It answered a bajillion life questions. I loved all that was said about saving money in general conference too! I also like the ponderize talk. As I am sure all of facebook loved. Are there enough memes about it yet? What is your verse? Mine is 3 Nephi 9:14 this week. I'll tell you how it goes next week!

Well I hope ya'll have a spectacular week full of safe travels! That is so exciting Tyler is going to the temple! I can't wait to go to the sealing! Be safe! Make good choices! I love you!

I love you more than the air smells of cows!
Anne
DSC00716

No comments:

Post a Comment