Tuesday, September 29, 2015

I am the baker, I bake the cake. Make no mistake, I like to bake.

Dear Family,
Well it's been a pretty good week! It was a really good Sunday this week. It was ward conference which is just especially edifying. The best part was they asked me to substitute as the primary pianist! Oh it was fantastic! I walked in and I told the chorister, "I just can't play A Child's Prayer, ok?" Literally 10 seconds later the primary president got up, welcomed the kids and announced we'd be singing A Child's Prayer! Oh boy! It turned out better than I would have imagined. I need improvement for sure but considering how many times I've touch a piano on my mission and that I was warmed up I would say it was an accomplishment!
We went to mass with Josh on Saturday and we took Nikisha with us. It was a good experience again. He isn't as willing to come to our church now though. He did take the 3 of us to dinner afterwards at a ridiculously nice Korean restaurant. It was delicious, but lets just say if I was paying for myself I would have taken one look at the menu and walked out. It was very nice of him. Nikisha is just wonderful. Every time we take her out with us she always invites people to church and tells them how great it is!
Wednesday we made a list from the ward list of people we wanted to go meet and it actually turned out to be a wonderful experience. From my previous experience of doing that either no is home, they pretend not to be home, or say get away from my home. But 3 of the 5 let us in and it was so good! Wonderful people and one came to church on Sunday!
We also saw Dawn again this week. She is opening up to us more and being more honest about her concerns which is just so helpful! She is so prepared for the gospel! We just need to help her have the courage to step foot in the church.
It was also birthday week this week. We knocked on Nikisha's door and happened to be right in time for her son De'Angelo's birthday cake and presents! It's like missionaries have a 6th sense for food. We didn't know it was his birthday even. The next day we baked a cake for Kristy's birthday and took family photos for her. It was fun until we were out in the middle of a field and unreasonably large spiders started crawling on us. Not cool. Kristy's son's baptism did get postponed for the last time :) October 10th is the official date! Which means the adversary is going to try hard to make it not happen. Keep him in your prayers, DeAndre. He is a good kid,, nevertheless he is a rambunctious kid.
Saturday night we had a neat experience. We dropped by Kristy's house and Carolyn a former investigator was sitting in her kitchen. She is going through a rough time and she asked if the Elders could give her a priesthood blessing. So we called the Elders and got them over. The Spirit was very strong and I think it made an impression on everyone there.
We also saw Jim this week. He is still reading Jesus the Christ and studying. We gave him like 4 hefty talks to read and he said he'll happily read them by our next meeting. It's so funny, the first thing he does when he picks up a talk is turn to the back and look at the sources. If he doesn't like the sources he tosses it. It has made me pretty impressed with the knowledge of our church leaders though. They, according to Jim, have some great sources. We gave him one and he'll say, "Oh I have this book, I've read that one, I wrote a paper on that one, I know the author of that one, this guy taught me,ect." Our jaws all drop a little bit. I hope my IQ goes up every time we meet with him.
I feel like like my letters are getting progressively shorter. I think it's a combination of the weeks are flying by and my brain is fried. I can hardly remember a thing anymore. I did have a dream dad gave me an iPhone 6. You may think that is a joke but it is not :) I just went back and added more to my letter so you can imagine how short it was. Sorry if it makes no sense. Safe travels and everything. Next week borrow one of Jake's computers to write my letter on ;) Have fun holding the new baby!
I love you more than all the birthday cakes in the world!
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment