Monday, September 14, 2015

I Got Straightened Out

Dear Family!

I just feel so good today! For many reasons! I feel blessed! I just opened my email to a new job at Deseret Book, blessing from on high! It is celestial work there. Thank you Heavenly Father! Also last night we were at the best kind of dinner parties. It was at the Wihongi's with the usual feast from on high. 4-5 fun families. One of which is Brother Haskin's which I have mentioned before. He is the 8th degree black belt. Well turns out that he not only knows how to take apart the body but also put it back together. He looked at me and said, "Sister Trent you look wrong." What? He then uses fancy terms I don't know how to repeat. He then asked if he could realign my back. Yes. So he did! It was awesome! I was popping more than popcorn! I didn't feel bad before but now I feel great! 

I forgot to tell you a funny story from last week. So we went and saw Josh again and we had to meet outside because we didn't have a member with us. He had all of these plants on his porch one of which were peppers that neither of us had ever seen before. They are named "Devil's Spit" That should have been a sign. So Sister Rosenblum said she would eat one if one of us ate one. Of course all of us had way too much pride to say no even though we knew better. So I ate a whole one. Oh my goodness. At first it wasn't bad. then everything went painful numb. The more you breathed the more it hurt! Thankfully he gave us a glass of milk. I was okay, Sister Rosenblum wasn't as ok. But we all survived!

So we had a miracle this week. We have been trying to contact this less active man for ages! Never home. We pulled up this time and he was outside smoking! Which is a good thing in it's own little way. But he immediately shared his conversion story and bore a beautiful testimony. He was so close to going on a mission but he slipped up smoking once and it went downhill. The cutest part was he had his son come out and the son was helping tell the conversion story. He is only 12 but he knew his dad's story and he knew his love for the gospel. The kids ended up coming to church on Sunday! Fransisco didn't but one step at a time. 
Just a side note. That will help you understand the pictures I will send. The brown hair is from an awesome package from Jake & April's family. I can't explain it anymore than that. We thought we would put it to good use. 

It has been exciting in our ward, 2 young men just got their mission calls and it is still strange as always to be on this end and see that! Both have 5 weeks to prepare. That is crazy to me considering I had 4 months! Our ward is so great though. We have been having lots of opportunities to get to know the members better. They are so sweet. I would live in Appleton. 

We were able to also finally see Dawn again! She is a little difficult to get a hold of! She is just the sweetest thing though! Oh my goodness. She loves the Book of Mormon and reads it. She is pretty sickly which is why it is hard to get in with her. So this time we decided to give her several pamphlets so she could read and study. I think it will help a lot with being able to teach her. She gets to have it mostly between her and the Spirit. She was crying and just felt the Spirit so strong, she loves the strengths she receives from the Book of Mormon and she just loves Joseph Smith. It is interesting yet neat having to teach her in the way that helps her the best. 

We had a lot of things not go as planned this week but it didn't go really as planned. But that is okay, the Lord still blesses us with His love. I am always just struck by His great mercy for us. It is indescribable. He blesses me with a really cool not coincidence yesterday. So ther Elders in another ward have been trying to get me to meet a deaf member in the 2nd ward for a while now but it just hasn't worked out. I finally got to see her for 10 minutes before church started. She is so kind and I am so rusty. We were talking and I find out she just moved from Idaho Falls 2 years ago! WHAT? I couldn't believe it! What are the chances! We didn't have too much time  to talk, we will hopefully next Sunday. meanwhile I will be brushing up on my signing. I am going to find out where all the deaf people are in IF so I can go be friends with them. I am pretty excited! 
I love you so much family! I appreciate all the letters! It's exciting times! I can't wait to see pictures of my new nephew and here news about Lindsey! I hope all goes well!

I love you more than I love fall weather!
Anne


p.s. To answer you're questions. Yes we still ride bikes. Not as much. I am sure the last week of the month it will be a lot. Sister Homan and Kelsea were companions. Sister Rosenblum is an awesome companion! I love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment