Friday, September 11, 2015

I'm Singing in the Rain

Dear Family!

Wisconsin is bipolar. However we are currently experiencing my favorite kind of weather, that is RAIN! Lots of it! We had a huge rain storm one night and we got an inch of rain that night. We've gotten some good thunderstorms too that shake the soul and windows. It is still raining, I am pretty sure it has been 24 hours straight too! 

This week really not too much "missionary proselyting" stuff happened. We had a week full of meetings and stuff! Let me give you a meeting log. 

So Tuesday we had a zone training meeting down in Neenah and it took a very long time. And I can't remember really what happened because this missionary forgot her notebook which my brain doesn't work without. But we also had to pack up and clean and get ready to move for Wednesday!

So Wednesday we knew we were moving and the mission office said to leave our whole day empty because it would take all day. We thought we could get it done in 6 hours. Boy were we wrong. All day! We were SO exhausted by the end of the day. It was ridiculous. My whole body and mind was done. I don't know how ya'll ever moved houses! We moved apartments that are furnished. But it was worth it because I love our new apartment! It is beautiful and bright and happy.
Didn't mean to send that yet. My bad. I will include pics of the apartment though. The only problem is the AC does nothing for our room. It's hot. I am sure we won't have to worry too much longer about that.  
We did have cool missionary moment. With Jim. We went to his house on Thursday. He was speechless. It was the most genuine I have ever seen him. He is reading Jesus the Christ and it went along perfectly with the Godhead because he is reading about the pre-mortal life and grand council. He just has never thought of it that way. Ever. It was like he was in shock. Now he is really studying. He asked to have two weeks between our meeting because he wanted to study more. I really hope this is a turning point for him. I think his meeting with the missionaries went from entertainment, to better entertainment/curiosity, now he needs to know. We will keep praying that he can accept the truths he learns. We have another article to throw at him to keep adding :) 

Friday we had our halfway training point for the new missionaries. That was fun! I saw a lot of  missionaries I hadn't seen in awhile and met a lot of new good ones! I met a fellow nerd, Sister Palmer who is going to Janesville and Sister Stosich is finishing her training. We had lots of roleplays and lots of stuff thrown at the new missionaries. I remember those days. It was neat though to hear all the things said for the missionaries in  the beginning of their missions yet the Spirit still spoke to me about what I needed nearing the not beginning. 

I also took Sister Rosenblum out for her taste of Wisconsin at Culver's, she enjoyed Custard. 
Saturday was a great day because it was our first full proselyting day all week! We went out to New London and helped out Selina, a less active with organizing an cleaning. She fed us a delicious lunch and her daughter is so funny. We also had an appointment with Fernando and his daughter. She begged to come to church and they were so close to but right before church he texted us telling us he will come next week. So we will be crossing our fingers. 

Sunday we had a huge feast at the Wihongi's. I am sure I gained 20 pounds from that meal. You can't beat Wihongi food and there is so much of it! You can't stop! I don't really want to give you a food log either. I could. 

Yesterday we went over to teach her family a lesson and she was really frustrated with her boys not cleaning and she was telling us how she wanted to just throw all their stuff away! (sound familiar?) So we asked if they wanted to throw stuff away and they said yes! So we went up and gave away to black garbage bags full of toys! Willingly. They still have a lot. Hopefully that will help Kristy feel better, less of a mess to make right. Of course where there is a will there is a way. We also walked with her and the boys to church because they are a block away from us. It was hot but fun. 

It was a good week despite all the long stuff, it threw me off. It was actually very good and just the right boost. I definitely can feel the Lord's love and his guidance in the work. I can't wait for a good work week this week!

I love you more than I love the mountains!
Anne
Anne's Place

No comments:

Post a Comment