Monday, August 31, 2015

Do You Know the Muffin Man?

Dearest family of mine whom I love,

Wisconsin sure know how to have bipolar weather. I had to whip out my jacket today, did you know that? It is chilly. My fingers might freeze to the keyboard. I also could be a little dramatic right now. Just a little. It has dropped 40 degrees since last Saturday when I almost died of heat. Enough complaining, I get it. 

Guess who came to church this week! Jim did! We didn't get to talk to him because he had to go a little early but that was huge! President Cutler will be thrilled! We had a good lesson. We assign him whole books between visits. He read 3 Nephi this time, 1 Nephi last time. I guess it will be how we get him to read the whole thing. We also gave him Jesus the Christ. And an Ensign. We know how to load him up. It is fun teaching him. He is getting ready for a few books to be my good bye present, including the one he wrote. Wha?

Oh another crazy story. So, Nikisha put braids in bubbles hair and then let me trim the bottoms of the braids. It's funny because I offer to almost everybody who talks about their hair that I could cut it for them. They all ask if I cut hair and I say no. But they let me! I couldn't believe it! I don't think it was bad either. I walk in the footsteps of my seester. 

Also the Elders told deaf members in their ward (Neenah) that I sign and they want to meet me, however then they mislead them into thinking I was good enough to interpret! Ha! Good one! So I am nervous about that one. 

Nikisha has been helping us so much this week. She has been giving us rides, feeding us, letting us borrow bikes. I just love her and her family. She is taking her calling very seriously. So is Kristy. Her son Travon had strep Saturday night and she felt so bad about not being able to go to church the next day. So we had her home teacher come over and give him a blessing and guess what! They were able to come to church! So that was great!

So this week we tracted into a Jehovah's Witness. She was interested but she talked to us and I got to ask about her beliefs. It was really helpful to find out what they actually believe in because they get a pretty bad rap. 

We found a former investigator this week. His name is Fernando. he is so nice! He came to church in the past and loved it and wants to come and bring his daughter. We met with him outside and it was about 7:30-8, getting dark. He pulled up a chair for me and I sit and hear a splash and look down and a river of water is flowing out from the chair that I just sat in... It was funny! I gave Sister Rosenblum this wide-eyed look and she tried not to laugh as she saw all the water. Thankfully it was dark. I just strategically walked around the rest of the night. My dress just soaked up the water :) it was good. 
We were also able to get in contact with Josh again! We both just know he needs the gospel. We are trying different tactics. 

Well it sounds like the Audi is a lot of fun, and a lot of fun to show off. Can't wait to drive it. I hope everyone is doing well. Tell grandpa I miss him and give him a hug for me. I hope he is okay! Just hug everyone for me! And fyi, it was Devon who sent the chips! That is a good friend. 

I love you more than I already love the Audi,
Anne
Anne's Cheesewis Consin

No comments:

Post a Comment