Thursday, August 20, 2015

Who Sent the Chips?

Dear Family!


It was another good week. Wisconsin just knows how to throw them at you! It has been a HOT week! Wow! I don't know if I have ever sweat so much in my life. Sister Rosenblum was just living the life because she comes from this kind of heat. It shouldn't be legal to get that hot. Someone needs to change something. If I thought we drove a ton last week! Oh boy was I wrong! I had never been to the edge of our ward boundaries but now I have been on both ends. It is a big ward! So last week a member brought her friend Camille to church. We got talking to her and she was actually moving soon. So we said we would help her here and other missionaries would help her in Milwaukee. She gave us her address and when we plugged it into the GPS it was in Clintonville 35 miles away! Whew! So we had a nice road trip up there. We helped pack a lot of her stuff, she had cats so Sister Rosenblum and I were sneezing and sniffling away. But it was all good, after she took us for ice cream and we taught her a lesson. She had a ton of questions and could really feel the Spirit, so by the end she asked if we could not only ask the missionaries in Milwaukee to help her move but to teach her! Yes! It was great!

We got to see Jim again this week, he finally gave us his paper he has been writing, I will attach it below. It is pretty good! Kind of mind boggling, he really is a philosopher. It is great going over there. He is just amazed by what he is learning. That is what you get if you study the Book of Mormon! Good stuff.

Wow! Craziest thing happened this week. I almost forgot. This may not sound all extraordinare to you but to me and Sister Rosenblum, we are greatly astonished! So, Thursday morning I get off on a tangent about Earthquake chips. I talked about how we used to sell them at the Lion House until it shut down and we had no more chips. I told her about me and Aleesha going on crazy adventures to find these chips in Utah. No luck, but we found a substitute and figured that was it, no more Earthquake chips. Thursday I got this huge package that said Idaho potatoes. Inside were 8 big bags of these chips! What!? What are the odds. I went on a 15 minute tangent about them and that day I get a box of them. And there was no clues on the box as to who they were from. Modern day miracle. Probably one of the 3 nephites I suppose. 

So our neighbors Stacy and Lexi came to volleyball again. They are great! They were supposed to come to church too but they ended up not making it. However Stacy is now helping me with my family tree. Hopefully we find some good stuff. 

So Saturday was crazy. It was a really really hot day and of all days we picked that one to go out to New London. We don't have a lot of miles so we decided to walk around New London. Oh boy, bad idea. I'd rather do that on a rainy day than 95 hot and humid! Thankfully half way through a less active member let us in, gave us cold water and a giant piece of zucchini cake. Yum! Yum! Good stuff. We met lots of new people though and gave away several Book of Mormons so it was worth it. 

I have really enjoyed my studies this week. I have been reading Acts. I have never really read it before, but it was so good. Paul is so cool. He is the best missionary. I had some hardcore sweet movies running through my head as I read it. Hollywood needs to move on from Noah and Exodus and so Paul. And the Book of Mormon. Oh man. My imagination I think has improved a lot on my mission. It may be my lack of movies or it may be reading has improved and I can understand scripture better. Or both. That is all besides the point though. I  loved Paul's determination. He had his conversion and he never would do anything to taint that. He wanted to let everyone know that Jesus really was the Christ. I think it is interesting, a lot of people believe that around here however they don't understand what that means. The gospel is so beautiful, it makes sense, it can fill your soul with light and joy. It is better than Earthquake Chips!

Anyways! I am glad you found the car! So glad, I literally shouted out loud for joy. I have witnesses. Good thing I am ok at stick shift and can improve. Mmm.. I will have sweet dreams about convertibles. 

I love you more than all the sweet things in this world,
Anne


SAM_3361

No comments:

Post a Comment