Friday, August 7, 2015

Hey Ya'll

Dear Family!

It was a great week! It's been so hot I think my brain is fried! It really is! So We got to take a nice long road trip down to Milwaukee on Tuesday night and I got to pick up my trainee. Her name is Sister Rosenblum, she's from the south ya'll! She is from Memphis, Tennessee! She is great! She is an only child. Her favorite color is yellow. Her dad is a Jew. She has taught me lots of cool things about jewish culture and the bible. My accent is really mixed up right now. You won't be able to tell where I served my mission. At all. :) It is the hardest thing to not pick up on. She is really fun, I love her! It is going to be a great 12 weeks! There is nothing more perfect!
When we went to Milwaukee I got to see of 4 companions! Sister Packer, Plante, Weaver and Rousseau! It was really sweet! And guess who else I got to see!! Tina!!!! I just love her! It was so great to see her again. I emailed her last Monday and told her I would be at the church :) Sneaky sneaky...

So Monday we did laundry at a new laundromat and we met a great family. We were so excited to go and teach them the next day. We show up to their house and meet the kids and it was incredible. I have never seen anything quite like it, but their countenances were just glowing! Especially the oldest, his name is Cap and he is 14. We taught the restoration and they were so excited to learn what a prophet was. Cap understood so well he explained it to his mom. Then we told the story of Joseph Smith. They were thrilled that he was 14 years old. Cap immediately thought of Samuel in the bible. The way Juanita looked at her son when she heard about Joseph was just a look of complete love! She could see her son's potential. It was the sweetest. I haven't felt the Spirit like that while teaching. This family is prepared. We set a baptismal date with them and they were so excited. We drove away and realized they lived outside our ward boundaries :) Oops! So we had a lesson with the 2nd ward elders and did a little pass off. That was a neat lesson too. Juanita asked about missions and when we explained them and that we left our families she looked over at Cap and asked, "Would you want to do something like that?" It was so cute! And they are getting involved with the other ward. It was just so great to be a part of that! 

Tuesday we saw a really cool investigator. His name is Jim, he used to be an episcopal priest. He really teaches us more than we could ever teach him. He is writing a paper on progressive revelation and teaching himself really. He is one of the most religiously smart men I have ever met. He will make a great member! 
We went to go find a potential investigator, she wasn't home but Jay was. When we first started to talk he said some pretty choice words and didn't seem very interested. But we kept talking and it turned out great. His heart just softened as we explained how Christ's church was set up and how ours was set up. The same! He accepted a Book of Mormon and was eager to meet again. 

We met with Alex again, he has a lot of promise! The Young Men in our ward are just great examples off missionaries! It is so great! These young people are so prepared! We got to see Brandon again, his sister got to him so he is starting to be hesitant. The key is the Book of Mormon. He just needs to keep reading. Every one should read. 

Church was really cool this Sunday! Two people showed up who the members invited! One was a young woman who comes to volleyball nights. It was so great to have her at church! Then one of the members invited her friend who was about to move. We volunteered to help her move and she was so happy! She was happy that there were missionaries in Milwaukee where she is moving to as well! She just loved church! She even clapped for one of the comments in Relief Society!

Well it sounds like you are all having a blast! I hope no one gets too sun burnt! I pray everyone will drive home safely! I just love you all so much! 

I love you more than ice cream melts in the sun!

Anne
Hey Anne-o!

No comments:

Post a Comment