Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Organs, typewriters and wicker chairs

Mi Familia! 

It was a pretty good week! Lots of driving again! Good thing I love to drive! We had a zone conference out in Oneida. It is a cute little branch made up of a lot of members of the Oneida tribe. They were probably the nicest branch. Usually like 5 or 6 relief society women come and help feed us. There were like 20 members, the activity day girls sang for us. They made traditional Oneida tacos! It was great. I don't know too many people in my zone yet. It was my last zone conference. I had to give my final testimony. It was dreadful. It made me want to barf. Still kind of makes me want to barf. :) 

So, we are still meeting the Episcopal priest, Jim. Guess what. He met his match! Sister Rosenblum! It was great! She was sent here for him! Wrapped up with a pretty bow! He is very analytical, he is writing papers convincing himself of the church. That is great, he is learning in his way. Well Sister Rosenblum is really good at taking info and presenting it in a very nice understanding way. It makes sense (sometimes I lack that ;) ) It was so good. When he found out a new missionary was coming he said he would be nice and not scare her off. Turns out she made him sweat! Just what he needed. I think it will be a motivator for him to study more. He has got to be on his toes now. 

The laundromat family is great. The missionaries are going over there 3 times a week with members and Cap is coming to bball Saturdays at 6 in the morning! However they haven't made it to church yet unfortunately. But they are on fire! 

We were able to finally see Dawn again! She is the one who wanted to read the Book of Mormon for 15 years! She has been sick and won't answer the door. Well we "happened" to come around the time that her brother was supposed to come and we knocked his knock. So, she answered the door! Yipee! That was great! She is still as sweet as ever! She recommitted to read and we reset her baptism date for October. 

We were able to get in contact with Amanda and Micah again! They have so much potential! I also can't spell. I am pretty sure I have had to fix a word in almost every sentence. That is probably why I am taking so long to write this. They are just a cute little family and both the husband and wife are wanting to learn more! Bonus! Usually the spouse anti's the other. Not this one! 

We gave Gregg one of the young men our meal calendar this Sunday to take around. He went around the building and invited everyone to sign up! It was so funny! He got his mom to sign up and they live out in the boonies! It was a beautiful drive! It was perfect because there was a new part member family that just moved there that we stopped by to see! They are so nice! LOTS of potential! He oversees all the goodwills here. So we went to his store today and had lots of fun ;)

We play volleyball on Friday nights with all the missionaries, investigators and members! We had a good turn out this week! Our family history neighbor Stacy came with her daughter. Walter came with Nikisha. Kristy and her family came! It was just a blast! I totally bruised my wrist. And my ego. Who am I kidding. 

This was a great week. I have been reading the New Testament and I am almost done with John. It just hits me again and again how much the Savior loves us. We don't have to be perfect, we just have to live up to what we can. Thank goodness for mercy. I love this gospel.

I hope ya'll have a great week!

I love you more than I love spell check! (If I didn't have it you could tell how much I loved it by the struggle of my spelling in this letter)


Anne :)
Anne in New London

No comments:

Post a Comment