Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Surprise!

Dear Family,

Wow! I got a major surprise Saturday morning. I am getting transferred. Big surprise number 2, I am going to Appleton in a trio. This will definitely be the beginning of an adventure! I only got 6 weeks here. I only have 3 transfers left. Lets hope my mission president will let me settle somewhere. 

It was a good week here in Racine! We continued to go out tracting everyday to place a Book of Mormon! We were still successful! We handed out 9 this week! After today we will beat the record I had with Sister Packer of consecutive days in passing out a Book of Mormon. We found a couple families this week! That was exciting! It was a really hot day and we had 20 minutes before our dinner appointment, so we knocked doors around the area. The last one we had to go inside a front porch to get to the door. It was a sauna in there! Sister Casas and I were sweating dying! The lady that opened had a family and was interested. She didn't let us in but we had a god chat, gave her a BoM and set up a return appointment. We stumbled out of the porch and could finally breathe again. Wow, it was hot!

Last night we didn't have much time again. We felt impressed to knock on a row of 5 houses. The first one we go to, she accepted a copy! All the rest of the doors didn't work. Did you know hardly anyone uses their front door here? When I say the front door didn't work I mean it didn't. They were stuck. They either talked to us from a window or came out a different door. We didn't get anymore out. We got to the car and right before we got in we felt impressed to go to one more, we did and it was a beautiful family that accepted one and said we could come back. It was great.

We met with a part member family. The husband is not a member, but we discovered we should be. We taught the Restoration and he just kept bearing powerful testimonies of the church, the current prophet, the Book of Mormon. His only hold up is the Word of Wisdom. He will be baptized some day. The sisters are going to keep meeting with them weekly. 

We had the blessed opportunity to go to Barbara's baptism! It was so wonderful to see everyone again! I got to see Tina, Fred and Sister Stewart as well. It was just a wonderful service! You could feel the Spirit strongly. I loved it!
Well now I get to go through the wonderful packing stage again! I loved my time here in Racine. I will go wherever the Lord wants me to go. I definitely have a testimony that this is his work and he 100% knows what he is doing! Be safe in whatever you end up doing this week! Good luck to Molly and baby Keeganne! I expect a bajillion pictures!

I love you more than all the stars in the universe!
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment