Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Fun Has Arrived!

Oh my goodness! So I got a new companion this week! First new companion! I was super nervous and scared. But oh my goodness! We get along! It is almost freaky how similar we are. There is only one tiny difference ;) She's 4"11' :) That's right. No one in my family can ever call me short again! I love her though! We have had so much fun together already!


Anyways! This week! Tuesday! It was CRAZY! Fullest schedule yet on my mission. We said bye to sooooo many people! We had Breakfast with the Greers again and beat our french toast record. The 6 of us had 46 pieces. I know, we are fat. It was so fun though. We finally saw Alex again! So last time we saw her she was in 1 Nephi 20 well now she is in Mosiah 20! Incredible! She is reading everyday! Every time I lose faith in her she pulls through! I need to learn my lesson. She also said she wants to be baptized before the end of the year! So cool! Then we had dinner at the most amazing person. Brother Fullmer. He is a Book of Mormon guru. Doctrine genius. He is the guy who planned youth conference. Anyways little did I know he is an author AND artist. I bought his Book of Mormon book and I will have to send it home when I am done looking at it. It is so neat! Anyways the went there for dinner and they have a parrot who can talk. I got to hold her! So fun. He showed us his art studio and blew our minds with it. So neat, I told him he can't get rid of us. I feel bad though his family is super busy. He is the Madison institute director and wow. I just can't even describe their families awesomeness. Busy day and some tears when we said our nightly companionship prayers. Sister Packer is just a sweetheart!
Wednesday we booked it out of the apartment and went to transfer point. Had to say goodbye, it was sad. There were 5 sisters all waiting at transfers so we went and worked with the Madison sisters and had fun. The 3 of us getting new companions we all were saying goodbye to our trainers and feeling nervous for our first new comp. It was kind of funny. We went and saw they Mad sister's new convert and he had us all sign his BOM and I was the only one who hadn't met him before. He kept calling us angels and I was the newest angel :) So cute! Then the cars pulled up and I got my new comp! It was a slight shock with the height :) But by day 2 we realized how similar we are and just have been having so much fun together! She is the designated driver but I "know" the area. I keep getting us lost :) But whatever, we will both learn. I get so turned around it isn't even funny. I need my mountains.


Sister Weaver comes from the ghetto in Waukesha so she says she feels unsafe with the safety here. But we had a good conversation with our drunk neighbor so she feels better now :) She has seen the Sasquatch gang and loves LOTR. So I love her. And she brought really good music with her. Christian music, who knew?
We went and visited Sister Pink, oh my goodness I love her! She is just a sweetheart! She sent me the sweetest email afterwards as well! She is another one I just HAVE to stay in touch with after my mission. People are just too good to us out here!


The Elders in our ward finally got an investigator at church. His name is Goldie, yes he is as interesting as his name. Our Sunday School teacher likes to go around the class and ask us our name and a question. This week it was what is your favorite summer produce? I said strawberries, others said corn and tomatoes. He said "I love hanging with my brothers here (the elders) and looking at the sweet sisters" Me and Sister Weaver just went wide eyed and the Elders had to leave the room so they could go laugh. It was pretty hilarious. Thankfully the Elders had apologized in advance for anything he said or asked.
My mind has gone crazy this week so I can't think of what all happened. I have been eaten alive by mosquitos. I have at least 40 bites and that is not in the slightest an exaggeration. Nothing works, it is painful.
You guys sound like you are having a blast being empty nesters. I told my comp you need to miss me more ;) You deserve it though. That sounds crazy about what happened in Rexburg! All it was was rain and it did all of that? Wow. That is so weird. So weird. I wish I could see the videos, it just sounds fake. Really neat story though.


I read something really neat this week about consecration. He was talking about sacrifice. As missionaries we sacrifice a lot. But he said if you were consecrated it isn't a sacrifice at that point because you know it is God's will and you know the blessings will be a hundred fold. I love that! It is so true. I am still learning but I do know that I would rather be doing this right now than anything else. It is more than worth it. These are God's children, my brothers and sisters! I will do all I can for them in this short time I have here. God has given me everything, I wish I could give more. I love being a missionary and I love the Book of Mormon. It has the most amazing examples we can look up to!


I love you all so much!


Anne


No comments:

Post a Comment