Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you

Family!

Dad, I can't believe you saw a bear. That's gross. Don't do that. Just say no. It's like drugs, not even once. But really. :) Anyways! Happy Birthday! I hope that was fun! You should send me some cake and ice cream :D I am trying to convince my comp to let us get ice cream now. I can't believe Jessica comes home this week! And Alexis and Elise are getting married! Wow! Tell them all I love them and that is awesome! Congratulations! It's just weird. You all can't have a life while I am gone :)

Anyways, have I mentioned how much I love Sister Weaver?! We have so much fun together! Its ridiculous! Lots of singing and craziness.I have laughed so hard this week. Tears, multiple times :) But this week was crazy good! We have finally been seeing progress in our work! First time really since the 4th! We finally have cleaned up after that mess. Tuesday we taught 5 lessons and placed 2 BOMs. We knocked on a potentials door and we hear a girl on the other side scream at the top of her lungs, "There's people at the door!!! Run for your lives! It's two blonde women!" It was hilarious! My favorite and most honest thing I have heard so far :) But the mom answered the door and let us in and we are teaching her now! So extra good. The only catch though is she believes in...are you ready for this? I don't think you are. Prepare yourselves. She believes in Greek Mythology. :) And she got that belief from the Bible. Something about a Pegasus. Anyways, we are not entirely sure how to teach her. She loves that we believe in prophets though! If anyone has taught someone who has believed in this I would love to hear how it was done :) We had 15 minutes left before we could go in so we street contacted on Main st. which could also be known as Bar st. Or Bar central :) And it actually turned out successful and we got a new investigator!

Wednesday we went to mutual with the Young Women and did Zumba with them, that was awesome. My thighs were particularly sore.Then weekly planning day was particularly not good for my mental health :) We just go a little stir crazy, emphasis on the crazy! And we made cinnamon rolls, monkey bread and sticky buns with Harriet! That was fun! And delectable. We met more crazy high potential people. Summer does get in the way a little bit. You find someone then they go on a 3 week vacation :) The seed is planted though! That is what counts. Hearts are softened and there are many BOM there waiting in homes for the right time.

We went tracting in the ghetto and this guy answered the door with almost no clothes on, but he took a Book of Mormon and told us his O.G. would be very interested and to come back. We are too white to know what an O.G. is and took a wild guess that is meant old grandma, but I am still not entirely sure :) We found a former investigator who just had her aunt pass away and has so many questions and ALL can be answered with the plan of salvation! I am so excited! She is so prepared! She already knows the importance of baptism! It is great! This week we will get to see where all of this is going to go!

Sunday, halfway through Sunday School, church got cancelled. My companion and I were thinking there must have been a freak snow storm ;) But thank goodness no. Just the sewage in the bathroom was..coming back up. Not water, but other stuff. So that was interesting. It might have been a blessing that no investigators were at church that day! And we stole, I mean borrowed, some church movies from the church library. I knew modern day prophets were cool but I had no idea how boss they really were. I have really been enjoying church videos :) I got past the cheesiness bothering me. Then Sunday night, miracle! We had a lot drop through at 8 and it isn't ideal for tracting because people get really mad when you knock on their doors that late. So we just go over and over the ward list trying to figure out what to do. We saw a name of a less active but just passed over it because a couple weeks ago she just got kind of upset at us. But we just felt like it was the thing to do. So we went and it was a miracle how it all came together. But long story short we saw a new painting in her house and felt prompted to talk about it. She ended up letting us in her house and she is going to let us back! I am so excited! It was meant to be! I really do love her paintings. They are just the happy things in the world! I want one! She reminds me of you mom, she likes sewing painting and cleanliness! She is great.

Welp! I hope you guys have a fun time in Oregon and stuff. It is funny how people say Oregon here. Sister Weaver is from Salem. They say it like Or-ray-gone it is funny. Silly Wisconsins :)

I love you all! Remember the Book of Mormon can answer any questions! It is the best book EVER!

Love you more than the Wisconsin has rain!

Anne!

p.s. It has been an awesomely cool summer. Last week with the heat index it was 106, next day in the 60s :) I don't like sweating so I am loving the cool spell

No comments:

Post a Comment