Thursday, July 10, 2014

This party is going to be crazy!

Family!

Wow! It sounds like quite the week! Lots of parties! I'm excited to get those letters! ;) I need more pictures! My sister got married and I don't even know what her dress looked like! Haha! No bad news at least :) That is so cool that you did a family history tour. Way to go! Now go run with it! Find names! Do temple work! That is one of the things I am excited to do when I get home! Speaking of, did you know I have been gone for 3 months?! I am 1/6th the way done with my mission! It is crazy! Transfers are next week and chances are that something is changing. We get the text on Saturday to see who leaves then we find out where on Monday. It is going to be slightly agonizing. Sister Packer and I are getting along fantastically and having more and more fun so of course we are going to be split up! I am glad all the kids had fun. We spent a lot of time with families in the ward on the fourth and I got lots of sweet hugs by those precious little arms :) It just makes my heart melt!
So this week. Oh boy. Where to begin. People are mean when it comes to holidays! :D I love it! We had several Tornado warnings again. We are only slightly paranoid about tornadoes after last time ;) We had lots of great food this week. I love food. Gained a ton but that comes with the territory right? Any healthy tips would be good :) So bottom line, almost everyone dropped us this week or one of us is in the dog house temporarily ;) So that meant lots of time for tracting. Which meant lots of time for rejection. We got a ton of slammed doors and no one would really talk to us. We finally got a little tired of it :) But Hallelujah! Wednesday was mutual and we went and played capture the flag with the youth and it was super fun and good for us to relieve our stress! Then the 4th!
We spent the fourth with mostly members. They were so good to us! We went to Deforest for their 4th of July parade and oh boy! It was good but wow was it long! It was a good hour and 40 minute parade. It was very dragged out. I am sure every city vehicle was in that parade! But whatever! Really good bagpipes. That is one of my dreams in life. I will be marching in a parade with the kilt and socks playing bagpipes :) Oh yeah. We both love bagpipes so Sister Packer is all for it. I know you guys don't like them too much but I still have it as a dream! We had a bbq at a ward members house. Then we went to Harriet's and made cookies with her. All her family was gone. I just love her, she is too good to us! Then we helped out at the museum. Then we went to the Williams for another BBQ and had so much fun! There were like 5 families there and we played tons of games and ate tons of food and watched fireworks. It just was so fun and felt so good! We really enjoyed ourselves! I love it! The kids finally seem to like me! They were yelling "Sister Trent!" So that made my heart melt as well!
Saturday we helped out at a funeral in our ward. It is so neat to see a ward pull together like that in support. Also Saturday we had a really good lesson with the Stolls about praying and fasting and seeking for an answer. So we all fasted together and we told them if they came to church we would bare our testimonies. And they came to church! Wahoo! And it was an amazing testimony meeting! And the sister whose husband passed away this week came to church and she hasn't been for like 3 years and wow! The spirit was so strong and everyone was helping build each other up! We now are going to follow up on the Stolls and hope and pray they got an answer!
Funny story! You'll never guess who knocked on our door this morning! The Jehovah's Witnesses! It was great! We let them do their spill then we asked if we could exchange materials. And they asked what church we were from and we told them and they went blank faced :) It was pretty great!
Well fam! It seems like it has been a good week for both of us! I love you guys so much! I love being out here! No matter how many people say no, it doesn't matter. This is the Lord's work and it will not be stopped. The seeds are being planted and oh the harvest will be great!
Have a great week! Safe travels! I love you a billion!
Love,
Anne!

No comments:

Post a Comment