Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Hmong!

My dearest family!!!

The work is real! I love being a missionary! Wow! I wish I could express the awesomeness of it all better :) Of course I am still fired up! This is the Lord's work and there ain't no stopping it! I feel great! I always express to my companion my excitement that I am still alive! I told her my mom was super worried about me not eating enough or healthy enough and I must say I am doing admirably! I am healthy, strong and alive ;) Thanks to what my mother taught me! I probably give credit to you everyday mom, one way or the other! And Dad too! We helped build someones fence the other day and I was able to use the power tools with no injury, so that is good ;) I wore a tool belt haha thanks to the men in the ward saying I need to look more the part. I looked awesome! 

I LOVED the package! Everyday when we go home for lunch we are like lost puppies when we wait for the mail ;) It is similar to Dallin always wanting candy. You just can't get enough! I absolutely LOVED the skirt. So cute! I wore it Monday and looked super patriotic. I love the barn painting! Yes! I will send another picture today that would be gorgeous! Wisconsin is just a wonderful place! So gorgeous! Everyday we just marvel in its beauty!

So last week was awesome! On Tuesday we had one of our Sister-Training leaders come and we had a little trio. We went and taught Alexandra and oh boy! We didn't have contact with her for 5 weeks and so Sunday we just went over and turns out she has been praying everyday! She had been reading the Book of Mormon and still wanted to get baptized! So on Tuesday we set a bap date for June 24th! So cool!! So her and her mom came to church this Sunday! Her mom is a less active so hopefully we can get her back to activity! And neither of her parents are opposed to her getting baptized as far as we can tell! Also we got a hold of Riley again and he is still interested and wants to meet with us and is planning to come to church this next Sunday! I don't know how we will be able to handle multiple investigators at church! Not to many missionaries get to have that problem so I am excited!

We had a new couple just move into the ward and they invited 2 sets of missionaries over for dinner just a week after they moved in! They fed us a straight up salad and guess what? I loved it! Thats right! I love food! They are so awesome! Man! People are just amazing! I love it here in the Prairie :) We taught Felecia, she is a sweet Muslim lady. We had a great lesson with her about "burying" our sins as the Anti-Nephi-Lehis and just invited her to align herself with God more. She is dropping us for the summer because of Ramadan and she is super busy. But we will get a good bold last lesson in with her hopefully this week. 

So this week we got 9 referrals from the Hmong Elders and they were all Hmong people who they couldn't contact. So we set out in contacting! It was great. We had no idea if any of them spoke English so we go to everyone with prayer for some communication :) One of them we weren't sure how to pronounce their name or what gender they were so we get to a house and we rang the doorbell. This man opens the door and he happens to have a name tag on for work and it is the name we were given to look for. Sister Packer has a cute little habit where if there is a language barrier she talks really loud. So she very loudly, and excitedly leans forwards and exclaims "Oh! You are who we are looking for!" Turns out this guy had never met missionaries before so it was pretty creepy :) We had a good laugh walking away from that one! One of the people didn't answer their door and their neighbor was watering their lawn. We went and asked for help and as all old ladies seem to do she said no! (old ladies can be quite mean sometimes :) ) So we gave a little missionary schpeel then went into a Family History schpeel. We asked her if she has ever been interested and genealogy and oh boy! Yes! She tells how she is really into that and gives an AMAZING testimony of how Christ has helped her! Like at one point I was in tears because wow! She was phenomenal! She then says oh yeah! I will talk to anybody about Jesus! And she invites us into her house and gives us a tour! She told us all about her family and genealogy! And wow! She has a whole ROOM dedicated to her family history! Usually when people say they are into it they have a couple generations back. Oh no! She has done so much! And they went to france and just huge into this! We helped her a little bit with family search and now we just have an open invitation to her house. She is a Born Again Christian which I have no idea what their beliefs are. She didn't seem interested in learning more yet but her curiosity will peek at some point :)

So yesterday we worked on Memorial day and oh boy! It was actually really good in the morning. We went up and down Main Street doing some street contacting and it was really good! Placed 3 BOMs and got 2 people to come to our church's open house in a week. Then we found this lady and we got to volunteer to help out with a new service opportunity. There is this house built in 1866 that they do tours for grade school kids in. We asked if we could help and she said no, unless you know how to darn a sock. I was like yeah, I know how to darn a sock! And she was just so thrilled! So today I taught 2nd graders about darning socks! How funny is that! So fun! 

Also Yesterday we visited a Lady in our ward named Sister Pink and she is just the kindest, sweetest lady! She fed us delicious Dickey's Barbecue. Dad, you need to get that good at smoking the meat ;)
Bottom line, being a missionary is the best! Wow! I could go on and on but I don't have to much time left! I still got to send pics :) But something really cool about reading the BOM this time around is the bottom line of ALL the commandments is because God wants us to be happy. If you tear it all down to the simplest points, everything that is given to us in the gospel is because God loves us and he wants us to be happy and he knows the best and most complete way! It is a really cool thing to think about. I will have my comp give me a commandment so I can tell her why it is for our benefit. So fun! And just one last story about me so I don't make Sister Packer feel bad with her embarrassing story! So last night I cannot for the life of me remember what I was dreaming about. All I know is I had some type of epiphany and Sister Packer was in my dream and I was so excited to ask her a question. I woke up in the middle of the night apparently asking her, loudly,"What is the craziest facial hair you have EVER seen?!" I couldn't remember what I said but she kindle informed me in the morning :) I had like ripped off all my blankets to when I said it. I was super excited about facial hair apparently ;)

Well I hope you all have a fantastic week! I do get to run off my letters so I will be reading them throughout the week!

I love you all!!!!!!!!!
-Sister Trent!

No comments:

Post a Comment