Monday, May 19, 2014

Holy Cow!

Dear Mommy and Poppi! And Family!

Wow! You sound so busy. What in the world is with all these trips! Holy cow! I am sorry mom you have so much alone time. You could read Jesus the Christ! It is soooo incredible! I read everyday at lunch for like 10 minutes and I am only on page 45. I just want to take it all in! Every page is just genius. In heaven I want to meet Elder Talmage. So cool. I wish I could have taken one of his classes. You could drive somewhere in paint. I suddenly have an interest for drawing. I wish I could paint. The scenery out here can be breath taking! Wow! I wish I had your skills mom!

You would be happy to know that I too have been gardening! That is right! We have been helping out the members a lot on Saturday mornings and for the past two we have been weeding and gardening! It has been fun! My pants are just permanently dirty it seems like. That is what they are here for though! We get like one or two just gorgeous days! The leaves are coming in and everything is just so green! I love it! Everyone keeps talking about how there might be a drought this summer and I just think What?! I have seen more rain here in the last month then the last two years in Idaho! I don't know what anyone is talking about! What do they know of droughts! Haha! It just makes me laugh. I am sure it really can be a problem, I ain't no farmer.

This week was good. Like nothing out of the ordinary happened. We worked really hard. There was a TON of service we did! Holy Cow!! Hours each day! I like it, but we do need to find more people to teach. We get fed really good meals. Every time we go to a members house it is like Christmas dinner :) Wow! I love food. No one need to make fun of my pickiness ever again because I eat everything! My taste buds were set apart with me ;) But really I love everything! I love blueberries! Holy cow! I never knew! But they are so expensive! I have only eaten them at members houses! Definitely putting on some missionary weight :) I am trying so hard to be healthy in my own eating! We also exercise. I just hope Mary's promise to me that it WILL go away after the mission is true ;) Haha! I have only been out for a month though! I think it is the MTC that ruins you though. We were fed so much food yet everyone just goes into survival mode. Maybe it is just because this is my first time away from home. I feel like I need to eat as much as I can, but no it is actually getting better. I am getting back to normal :)

Sunday though was SO good! We finally had investigators at church! The Stolls came! The are RLDS and we had an amazing lesson two weeks ago about baptisms for the dead and I KNOW they felt the spirit of truth! Then the next week he said he will just have to agree to disagree with us so we were pretty disappointed with that BUT then this week he kept asking questions about it! So he hasn't rejected it yet even though he says he has! And church was so inspired for them! Everyone kept talking about Family History and family members being converted and baptisms for deceased ancestors and how it is NEVER too late to change! Then we went and visited this sweet sweet inactive member Sister Pink. She has really bad anxiety so she literally cannot go to church. Her husband is in a nursing home right now and she is working so hard to get him back. But she has just the best testimony! Holy Cow! I was in awe! Such a neat lady and she just loves the missionaries. I had a really neat spiritual confirmation at her house. Wow, her appreciation for the Sisters especially was just so amazing. Man! Everyone has just such different lives yet Heavenly Father loves each and everyone of us the same! Someone in sacrament meeting shared an amazing testimony that we are love not only despite our flaws but because of our flaws. I just though that was so neat!

Then for really exciting news! We have this investigator, Alexandra, and she had a baptism date and then we couldn't get a hold of her for 5 weeks and her date came and went. We finally just went to her house and wow! She is praying everyday and in every situation and is reading the BOM everyday and she wants to get baptized!!!! AHHH!! We hopefully will set a date tomorrow but wow! It was just so cool! We were so worried about her then BAM! She has the huge testimony! And she is like telling her friends all about it and just being a little missionary! I was just so in shock! Yesterday was just such a good day!

Thank you so much for those histories you sent! Wow! There is nothing more inspiring than their stories! David Wheeler! Holy cow! I want to follow in his footsteps and be missionary like that! Wow! And the "come what may and love it talk'! So good! Loved it so much! I just want to be this type of person! I love being a missionary! I love working hard! It is amazing what you can do when you are on the Lord's side! 

Keep being an amazing family! Look for opportunities to serve especially if you are feeling down. Focusing on others is just the best thing in the world and it makes you happy! I love you all! Have a great week!!!!!! 

Lots of love!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment