Sunday, May 18, 2014

Mother's Day

Dear Family!

Oh man do I just love you all! It was great to Skype with you! Sorry rest of the fam, I forgot you were on the phone! I am going to make sure for Christmas to get a google hangout going! Or at least try my hardest!
So to start off 2 funny stories! So I totally forgot to tell you this one yesterday. Saturday night we were just exhausted (like basically every night) and we were totally out by 10:30. Now Sister Packer likes to do this thing where in the middle of the night she thinks its morning and tries to get me out of bed :) I don't care I just fall back to sleep. But that night the phone rings at 11:30. Just the weirdest thing. It was a weird Iowa number and Sister Packer is the one who gets the phone which probably isn't the best thing because she gets up in the middle of the night half asleep all the time :) The person on the phone asks us if we are the missionaries and she said yes and just a very confusing conversation went on for like a minute and I can't recall what was said because I was just basically asleep :) Then the woman says she want to talk about Jesus Christ and I grogily still in my mission mindset say "Sweet! Thats what we do!" But she couldn't understand us so she ended up just saying she would call back in the morning. We haven't heard back yet but it was so confusing! During our exercise the next morning I asked Sister Packer if that was real and she freaked out when she remembered :) It was quite funny. We will have to keep calling the number back. We do give our phone number to like 40+ people every week! Its bound to happen eventually!

Second story! Haha I don't know how much you will appreciate this but we found it hilarious!! We were playing sports at the church with our district in the gym. Then we realize it is pouring outside! And me and my comp haven't really experienced this warm pouring of rain before seeing that we are both from a cold desert :) So my comp and I and an Elder run out in the rain. We were drenched in about 5 seconds! We took our shoes and sock off and we were just playing in the puddles and the rain! (I know, I am sorry dad) We were just like running majestically through this meadow and frolicking in the fields and what not when BOOOOMMMM!!! HUGE thunder clap! Then this blinding flash! This huge lightning bolt stuck a pole like 150 yards from us and my comp just starts screaming and the Elder just is bolting in the other direction yelling oh my gosh! We all bolted back to the building and everyone just starts laughing and the elder goes to a corner in like "shock" talking about how it was right there and we almost died(he was mostly joking) :) It was fun! Now we have a near death experience :) The Elders who were inside said the thunder was so powerful it shook the basketball hoop and they could feel it and when the lightning flashed the lights went out for like 2 seconds! But we are okay! We were laughing pretty hard at their reactions. 

Today we went bowling too! That was fun! The gym at the church gets crazy when we are in there. I can't even describe the chaos that happens! Maybe I will take a video sometime! But we got bored fast and went bowling instead :)

So this weekend we did some service and helped garden! It was awesome to work outside and do manual labor! And it was like the perfect weather! I got a little sunkissed on my nose :)
Last night after we skyped we went home and watched The Testaments. I realized it's like the only chick flick we can watch on our missions :) It was so good though. Jesus Christ really lives! He really knows us each by name and he knows what we have been through! He is the literal sun of God! And he will come again! And we shall all know him! I think that is so amazing! Oh what a beautiful day that will be! I can't wait! Well I can and I have to but wow! So cool! 

So here in the Sun Prairie ward Mother's Day is awesome! So you know how in our ward you get candy bars or a flower. Oh no, not here. The men cook like a buffet! There was so much food! They made bacon and then there were a ton of treats! Chocolate dipped strawberries, cakes, brownies, cookies, pies, cupcakes! It was amazing! And apparently for Fathers day its just a buffet of pies! How cool is that?! Also Sister Packer and I went and bought a bouquet of roses and wrote notes and gave them to a lot of women that we were teaching. It is so cool being a missionary. We were talking about this last night before we went to bed. The love you feel for others is amazing! Like I can honestly say I love these people! And the coolest part is I know its not from me! This is Christ's love we feel for them! I am not capable of this type of caring! You get like a little inkling of knowledge of how much God loves them and you just want the best for them. I love it! I don't want this feeling to go away when the name tag comes off! 

Well I really love you guys! It was so fun to talk to you last night! Sorry my letter is all over the place, I just don't know what to say after yesterday! It was fun! Liam is getting so big and his talking is so cute! I love it! You guys are doing great things there! I am just starting to realize just a fraction of how everyday decisions effect the rest of our lives! At mutual they did a question panel with some amazing members of our ward answering the youth's questions. And at the end one of the adults asked "I just want to know if any of you realize the impact your choices now make on your future?" And there was a little discussion but I have really been thinking about it! Like I could have slept or not paid attention in seminary on a day that could have been crucial in a situation I am in now on my mission! I could have learned something I needed! Or like that person who came and sat by me at lunch one day when I was an awkward lonely 7th grader. She had no idea we would be amazing friends 7 years later and such an example to me on my mission! By small and simple things are great things brought to pass! I read a talk by Elder Holland and he credits everything in his life from his mission on to his mission. His marriage, his family, his job and his calling! I just want to be the best missionary I can be and give my all to the Lord for the next 18 months! I am trying hard and I just love it! I love everything! I just love life! It is hard but SO worth it and so rewarding! Everyone should just go serve missions ;) Haha! 

Lots and lots of love!!!
Sister Trent!

No comments:

Post a Comment